US dollar thread

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Anyone raising BIN's to account for the exchange? To remain competitive I'm keeping my prices the same (already 3 tims the cost of my competition for labelers 😞 ). My TOS and product knowledge seems to keep me busy every night packing orders however I'm making a whole lot less than I was 6 months ago.

I have always subsidized my shipping . I charge $8.00 US and the actual cost of shipping is $11.40 Canadian for 850 grams.
I have considered shipping by small packet ground instead of air but my business partner (ok brother) who is a gold PS gets like 2-3 emails per day "Where the Heck is my order!?"
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

US dollar thread

shoplineca
Community Member
I sell on eBay to make a profit and while I cant adjust my prices to fully account for the exchange and the strengthening Cdn dollar, I have made adjustments to my BIN and/or reserves or it is simply not worth selling.

If I find that I cant make enough of a profit from a particular product to make it worthwhile, I stop selling that product and look for something that will command a higher price. Something that is more popular while somewhet more difficult to obtain from the competition.

As a rule I never subsidize shipping however for the last month I have been selling several instruments and offering a ridiculously low shipping rate as a marketing tool. All of those acutions have a fixed BIN that has been padded enough to cover my total shipping costs.

Malcolm

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

tpman99
Community Member
This is driving me insane as well 😃

I have decided to start selling in Canadian dollars for now 😃

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

Yes it is hurting. Just got over 1.20 at the bank on Saturday. Bt the US dollar gained some strength las 2 days.

My opinion, is Kerry wins, USD will go up. Bush wins, and it will hurt even more.

As far as adjusting prices, you can only do so much. Because of the dollar and increase in shipping rates, I don't sell books over 1kg unless they are valuable.

Only other solution I have been able to use is to get the Paypal debit Mastercard and use it to pay USD purchases. I also pay the ebay fees with it. Saves on conversion costs.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

Open a US dollar account...and wait. Eventually this trend will reverse itself...if you can AFFORD to wait.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

Javax.swing:

Sure about that. Just went to 1.197.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

83.5 cents. UGH!

Glad I didn't define "eventually"...
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

auctiondropnship
Community Member
discountlabelsupplies
Considered shipping American Postal service 7.75 for ground arrives in 5 days

Oh no more wraping the packages . Boxes are free
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

customcharmsonline
Community Member
my bank gave me a lousy 1.18 this week.... ughh, i looked in our deposit book and at one time (not so long ago) we got 1.367!!!!

Darn US economy, STOP the war or send me on a vacation to vegas so my US income money will be actually worth something (a good time) :O)

ppppttttttttthhhhhhhhhhh
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

shooger
Community Member
I wish I could buy my groceries in the US or something. I have all this US dollar income and I need money for food and rent. I'm forced to convert... at the mercy of the exchange rate.

They should just make it dollar for dollar and get over it.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

niko*_*
Community Member
What a great idea shooger! Shuffling off to Buffalo - hit the PO, the Target and the grocery store.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

sell in euros...

1.56908 CAD exchange at xe.com as of November 18th.

alot of my customers (over 50%) are outside of USA.
what do you think?
;-)
Gail
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

shooger
Community Member
I'm selling like crazy to Europe. They love cashing in their euros for USD. Meanwhile it's just killing me even more!
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

Me Too.

I went to the bank yesterday (TD/CT) and was quoted 1.16 to transfer (sell) my US dollars. Just can't bring nyself to do it!

Ann
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

US dollar thread

I am keeping my US money until it regains some strength (so hope it will). It is hard though because I have more US money but less buying power if I shop Canadian.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply