Unable to place Bid with sellers permission. "We are sorry but the item you selected may not be pur

As an international buyer for many years I find it very frustrating that you are not able to communicate with eBay when a problem arises  on a topic that does not appear on their HELP list. Seller agreed to sell WORLDWIDE and has adapted his webpage accordingly. The postage charge is now listed for my country. When I try to bid the following message appears. "We are sorry but the item you selected may not be purchased due to Seller shipping restrictions, country specific import/export or other relevant restrictions"

In the last 2 weeks I have purchased 3 similar items, one or which I have already received. I am continuously getting emails from  eBay informing me that the item has been re listed and am to place my BID before it is TOO LATE.

I think it is time eBay ships up before I ship out.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unable to place Bid with sellers permission. "We are sorry but the item you selected may not be pur

The seller may have Africa blocked. It's pretty common. What's the item?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Not a country block, since the seller has shipping fee listed.

country specific import/export or other relevant restrictions"

More likely the problem is that your country or the seller's country will not allow you to import the item.

For example, Germany does not allow Nazi paraphenalia, many countries will not allow the import of animal parts, etc.

If you sent money, ask the seller for your payment back. He is not going to be able to get the item to you. Not every transaction is going to be successful.

From what you tell us, this does not appear to be the seller's responsibility.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the interest shown. The item was a set of 4 Elvis movies on RCA SelectaVision Video Discs. I have a collection over 50 RCA Video Discs and about 200 laserdiscs that I have bought though eBay over the years. It is obvious that there is no import restrictions from my side, nor could there be any export restrictions from the USA as they all came from there originally. I take my  hat off to the Seller who did his utmost to assist by re listing the item on my behalf and by phoning eBay to try to sort out the problem.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Was it in a media category. For a couple of years there has been some impenetrable but unexplainable block on some music and films to some countries. This got a lot of attention on the US International Trading board (now defunct) a couple of years ago. No believable or even likely explanation was ever forthcoming.

The answer is to list as a collectable not as music or whatever.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply