Use Caution When Taking Advice From Ebay Customer Service

Before calling eBay customer service I would recommend asking on the forums as the quality and accuracy of the information you find here is more likely going to be more informative and correct then the reply you may receive from these "experts" they have at eBay.

After hearing a reply from the eBay rep always ask yourself if their response makes sense before accepting their advice. After the advice I was given from a rep earlier today (which is against eBay policy) I now do not trust eBay staff and I would use caution before listening to any suggestions they may have.

- All i'm trying to say is, don't trust everything they tell you. (Not to mention they could not even locate their own policy on ebay.ca I LITERALLY had to direct the rep to it.........

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Use Caution When Taking Advice From Ebay Customer Service

monkeysworking.jpg

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I chuckles when I read when you said you literally had to direct them to the right place.  It happened to me a few times last year.

The quality of customer service has went down south so horrible since they "farm" them out to Asia countries.  I even have IP (Internet Phone which I am using this service as I am deaf) operators told me that most of them have accents and don't even understand English!  Why on the earth does eBay needs to do that?  To save a few bucks?  It is not worth it!!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That was my laugh for the morning - love it!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just spit out my tea I was laughing so hard.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

On a serious note, next time your talking to customer service ask them something about the .CA website and 9/10 reps will not know what your talking about if there computer doesn't tell them what to say. 

One rep told my brother his postal code was not a proper format and the rep explained to him that it consists of 5 numbers. He had an issue about the shipping calculator and the rep suggest that he use a zip code to correct the issue.. After explaining to the rep it does not work like that, the rep suggested he contact the ebay.CA customer support to further address this issue.

a. I do not believe ebay.ca has its own Canadian customer support (if it does please tell me) 

b. He used the option where ebay calls you at the number you provide to them.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Excellent - that's the Ebay Customer Service - this picture explain all.!!!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have been told so many lies and false promises by eBay staff who don't even understand their own policies, and yet eBay expects us to up to date with everything. If you ever run into problems your screwed as you cannot get a hold of anyone with authority. It;s freighting but reality on this site. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply