What to do? Charge Back Issue

bare_bright
Community Member
Need some help Here Please.

I sold this one Buyer 2 items that are the same BX-Wire rolls, I Shipped him 2 Packages due to weight

There are 2 Tracking numbers and both show that they were delivered & I sent them By Expedited Parcel USA

Now he Claims he only Received one and will do a charge back soon if he does not receive the second one

Can he do that with his credit card & if so will Paypal cover me? since the Tracking shows delivered.

Thanks in advance

Have a Nice Day 🙂
T.J.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Did you follow all the PayPal rules?

Did you provide PayPal with the delivery confirmation info?

Were you able to explain and submit BOTH d/c?

If you could not make it clear to PayPal via the Resolution Centre I would get on the phone and make sure that info get added to the file.

One thing not clear, is this at the credit card chargeback stage or did the buyer file a standard INR claim with PayPal.

And one more, have you contacted the buyer directly with the d/c info and jogged their memory?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

did the buyer file a standard INR claim with PayPal

actually I guess it would be a SNAD claim not an INR but in any event please clarify,

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I think client did not make a claim yet. But he/she is claiming that only received 1 item. I would first try to contact client and supply information that you sent order in 2 shipments with tracking information indicating proof of delivery.

Frederic
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
That's right He said he would & I provided all the tracking info to him, yet he still claims only has one and will file a charge back

there was 2 shipment and I have 2 tracking numbers that confirm it was delivered, My question was will Paypal cover me if this US buyer does a charge back?

Thanks
T.J.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

They should because you have both tracking #, but what I would do is bombard paypal with any info you have, dates, tracking numbers, etc. Also get in touch with Canada Post about the problem, they will investigate the claim and get back to you. Send that info to paypal as well and inform the customer that you have contacted paypal as well as Canada Post. Canada Post should get in touch with USPS to find out what happened at their end.

I had a similar problem, with a customer in Great Britain, and I bombarded paypal with information overload daily for 2 weeks. In my case, it was a fraud case, I even forwarded phone # and addresses of the police station in the guys home town. I got paypals attention, and they worked their butts off for me.

I find when I got CP, and paypal involved the customer backed off.

I just keep everybody informed, and keep pushing!!

GOOD LUCK

Loré
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
I think the buyer is talking about doing a charge back with their credit card company. However; charge backs aren't always a charge back. Some companies will allow a credit card company to do a charge back as it costs much more to investigate the claim the amount the customer is disputing. So if that is the agreement PP has with the credit card company the buyer will get the charge back no matter what. What many customers don't realize it that they can be reversed and they will be billed again with interest. That info is in the card member agreement, which we all know they don't read. Visa, MC & some others also charge the card member a fee to open a dispute. Amex doesn't. There are also typically a certain amount a Credit Company company will write off and it won't go any farther. This will depend on many variables, but it can give a customer a false impression that if they dispute again it will be disputed in the same manner. Also it will depend on the dispute reason, normally if it is non received it will be investigated. But again it all comes down to the agreement PP has with the credit card company.

I don't think PP will do anything until they have received info from the credit card company about the charge back. They will then take the funds from your PP account.

I would contact CP first and see what they can do for you. At least get that part going.

If PP takes the money back I believe you being able to provide the tracking and that it shows they were both delivered to the buyer will be enough. If not follow what I have listed below.

The best way to get the results:

You need is to remain calm.

Make sure you have the flow of the transactions written out in notebook before contacting them. Along with any transaction numbers.

Have any questions you need answered also written in the notebook page.

Note the date and time, ask for the agents name and their ID number. Even supervisors. Every person working in a call center has a number.

Make sure you document the notebook about the call. Having all the info at your fingertips is a huge benefit. You're much more believable. If the call can flow easier because you have all the info ready the easier it is for the agent to understand. If you jump all over with the info they will jump all over with you and in the end not have an understanding of the problem.

When ever you send info to them make sure that the claim #, amount, your name, your email, your phone # and the best time to contact you is on every page you send. Pages can get separated; therefore the Supervisor may not get all the info you sent.

Also request the Supervisor's personal phone # at work, so if you have to call back you don't start all over.

Verify any phone #'s, fax #'s, email addresses and any info they are requesting you send. Document this on the notebook page.

Before getting off the phone get the agent to repeat the problem back to you so you know they understand.

Request they document the call and ask them to repeat it to you.

Make sure you do the above every time you speak to someone, send documents, receive documents. Taking the time to do when you've just finished the conversation will save you a lot of time and work.

Always try your best to remain calm and professional. You have a much better chance of being heard and understood.

Good Luck! I really believe you won't have to go that far.

Colleen
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

It's most likely that both packages did arrive and the buyer is simply confused.

Did they get delivered on different days? If so maybe someone else received the 2nd package.

Tell the buyer to look around and ask anyone else who might have received the 2nd (or 1st?) package, put it somewhere and never said anything.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I agree with Recped,

This is something that I have encountered with many buyers when someone from the household received package but did not mention to the original buyer. If this is not it contact directly paypal and ask for what to do in a situation like this.

Frederic
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
You are all so Helpful & I thank you all!

Well sofar no Charge Back or Feedback , Yet he still Claims

He only Got one Parcel when the 2 Tracking number show he has received both.

And all this time I thought I was safe with seller Protection at Paypal if I can Prove it was shipped with a Tracking number

He still claims he is going ahead with the Charge back

I am now at the Point that I don't know if he is Playing Games or what, Whatever the case it's not very nice, we work so hard to satisfy our buyers and we get these bad apples once in a while "Time will Tell" 🙂

I will keep you all Posted & Thanks again for taking the time to help me out

Tibor
T.J.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

And all this time I thought I was safe with seller Protection at Paypal if I can Prove it was shipped with a Tracking number

If the buyer has a confirmed address and it's the address on the payment details page and that is the address you shipped to and you have online delivery confirmation and the value was below US$250........

.....then you are covered!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Thanks recped

So I have nothing to worry about then!

Like you said "If the buyer has a confirmed address and it's the address on the payment details page and that is the address you shipped to and you have online delivery confirmation and the value was below US$250........"

All the above is True 🙂

Thanks so Much
T.J.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Your welcome....

Being covered is one thing, avoiding this ever getting to a claim stage is just as important.

Communicate with the buyer and try to resolve the issue before it ever gets to the claim stage.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
I agree with recped that the info you have provided you will be covered.

Why not contact PayPal and see what you can do before it gets to a claim. You are trying to work things out with the buyer, but it wouldn't hurt to speak to PP.

But even if it goes to a claim, once you provide the tracking, they will close it in your favor. I have always gotten all my money back from them. But recently had to prove that the shipping info the seller gave was for another order. That's why I gave the info above. Because I was able to give all the info correctly the supervisor's supervisor could see that I was correct and I had my money back in less than 24 hours. She also gave me her phone # so I could speak to her directly.

So even though your buyer is threatening charge back as long as you have all your ducks in a row, you should be OK.

I believe the PP system will work for you; however, it may take some work on your part.

Good Luck!
Colleen
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Thanks I believe so to now,

I sent a Copy of the email to Paypal so at least it's on record there and besides they already have all the info there Since I print my Labels there.

I think this Buyer was just looking for a freebie,

Has happened a few times in the past where a buyer tests me out by saying they didn't get the item and if I dont provide tracking etc. they would file a dispute,

again I check the tracking and it was delivered, The best part was when I sent him the link for the Tracking info etc.

He claimed that's not his signature lol

then 2 hours later he left feedback, what can I say some try but I allways ship expensive items with Tracking & there is only one Country in Europe where I will never ship again since 9/10 times they claim item not received

Thanks all

🙂
T.J.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

then 2 hours later he left feedback,

Sounds like he "found" the 2nd package. Probably in this case no outright scamming involved.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply