When I sell an item from canada to usa on the customs declaration wich box do I check,is it sample a gift etc.anyone have a specific answer

When I sell an item from canada to usa on the customs declaration wich box do I check,is it sample a gift etc and do I have to add a phone number.thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When I sell an item from canada to usa on the customs declaration wich box do I check,is it sample a gift etc.anyone have a specific answer

If you sold it, it is NOT a "gift", which have certain allowances on duty.

If it is a product, it is NOT "documents" , which are not dutiable.

It is OTHER.

When you choose "other" you have to fill in the line that explains what the item actually is, and give the selling price. Do not add in the postage cost. Do not make the insurance value differ from the selling price.

On a Paypal shipping form, this will fill itself for the most part, but you only have 20 keystrokes for the description.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you sold it, it is NOT a "gift", which have certain allowances on duty.

If it is a product, it is NOT "documents" , which are not dutiable.

It is OTHER.

When you choose "other" you have to fill in the line that explains what the item actually is, and give the selling price. Do not add in the postage cost. Do not make the insurance value differ from the selling price.

On a Paypal shipping form, this will fill itself for the most part, but you only have 20 keystrokes for the description.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Gifts are what you send to your family and friends. If you're not shipping to family or friends (and you were paid for the item), then it is not a gift.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply