When a buyer tells stories to make you look bad...

kismet-toronto
Community Member

Customer Support was very helpful in doing what they can (both times. My phone died on Roger), but what they can do is limited, when a buyer's extortion attempts are made off Ebay. Though hilarious, my recent (and only) negative partner's slander may have the intended effect, despite my side of the story in reply. She has received a warning, since Ebay agrees their having no record of the "dispute" within their messaging system is indeed suspicious, but her follow-up comment, to the effect that I threatened her life remains, and I have no further self-defensive recourse, having replied once already, to the feedback itself. It is not her feedback I wish removed. It gave me a chance to demonstrate my diplomacy, and popped my cherry, as it were. My anxiety level immediately decresed when I went from 100 to 99.5 percent. What I want removed is the accusation. It has no place here, but with the police, if indeed she is worried enough about my psychopathic tendencies as to comment on them publicly, to the detriment of my livelihood. I am wondering if unproved and unprovable non-factual information such as hers should not be expunged? It doesn't help anyone trade more confidently, but possibly accomplishes the opposite.

Is cannibalism kosher?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re:When a buyer tells stories to make you look bad...

You have 276 happy customers.

And one with wild accusations.

And you are worried that YOU are damaged?

Interesting that the customer is also a seller on the same name.

Stop worrying. 99.5% is a strong seller and most customers look only at the percentages.

Sell a few more items and your next few happy customers will push her off the page and raise your percentage again.

Oh. Do add her to your Blocked Bidder List.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

oskye
Community Member

eBay does have a policy against inappropriate feedback, but they don't have a way of identifying who is lying.  So, calling someone a liar is allowed.  You'd probably have to prove THEY are lying first.  And it sounds like your situation has no solid email trail.  

But, if you have emails that were transmitted outside the eBay system (to personal addresses, I would think they should have some weight as evidence)

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/inappropriate-feedback-comments.html

eBay may choose to remove feedback under certain circumstances.  A court order will do it - if you want to go to that level!

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

kismet-toronto
Community Member

Well, I finally made myself understood to "Cherry" in customer support, and she said that, because no message trail could "prove" I threatened the life of this buyer (ridiculous), the comment was removed. But it's still there. Now I'm on hold with the fourth person I've spoken to about this, starting from scratch, and wondering how much I really pay myself to sell here. He now says it can't be removed, because there's no proof she extorted me. But there's no proof I'm a serial killer either, for the same reason: she did not (of course) use the Ebay messaging system. 

Is cannibalism kosher?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You have 276 happy customers.

And one with wild accusations.

And you are worried that YOU are damaged?

Interesting that the customer is also a seller on the same name.

Stop worrying. 99.5% is a strong seller and most customers look only at the percentages.

Sell a few more items and your next few happy customers will push her off the page and raise your percentage again.

Oh. Do add her to your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply