Why do i owe 40 dollars on my invoice?

I had a laptop for sale , and it did sell but not for the price i wanted it to so i gave a complete refund to the buyer. So why on earth do i have to still pay this ridiculously high priced fee for a transaction that wasnt completed. I am definetely not willing to pay for an item that did not sell

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re read what you wrote. You say your laptop did sell, therefore you pay final value fees..... that is all you deserve.  If you want big money for something then start it there. An auction is where I bid on something and if I win, I get that item.  People like you who then don't send the item because you didn't get your price don't belong on eBay.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You did sell your item. You just didn't ship your item. Since the item did sell, you will have to pay the $40 fee. If the buyer had not paid, you could have filed an unpaid item dispute and received a credit for the final value fee. However, since the buyer did pay, you can't file an unpaid item dispute and you therefore owe the fee.

If you want to sell the item for a higher amount, start it at a higher amount or use the Buy It Now feature and list at the price you want. 

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply