Will I be breaking any selling policies if I ship to a destination I originally blocked?

consignitbc_estore
Community Member

For example: If the seller opens a Item Not Received case, and I show Proof of Purchase, but since I shipped to a destination I said I wouldn't, would this nullify the process, and I would have to issue a refund, (as well as possibly lose my item if buyer not honest).

Also:

How can I change the "shipping" on the invoice before it is sent? After the person wins, doesn't the invoice get sent
automatically by Ebay? Do I tell the buyer to ignore that one,
or do they pay it, and then send money for the difference for shipping?

Thanks

Andrea

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Will I be breaking any selling policies if I ship to a destination I originally blocked?

scifan57
Community Member
You'll have to send the buyer an invoice which includes shipping to his address. If you're worried about an item not received dispute,you must use a delivery confirmed service. Proof of purchase won't help you in a dispute. Finally,if you are worried about the sale,you are not required to ship to a destination that was not listed as a ships to location in your listing.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Will I be breaking any selling policies if I ship to a destination I originally blocked?

consignitbc_estore
Community Member

Oops, I meant "Delivery Confirmation".

So even though my auction says I will only ship to Canada or US, but I ship to someone in the UK, all the Ebay safeguards, IE Resolution Center, will still work for me?

This is what I'm afraid of:

The UK buyer will open a "Item Not Received", so I show ebay my Delivery Confirmation", but they notice I shipped somewhere where I said I wouldn't, which is "breaking the rules", so they won't protect me, they'll "void" my Delivery Confirmation and I'll have to refund the money and possibly lose my item if buyer dishonest!

Whew!

I hope that makes sense. I asked my potential UK buyer to wait while I researched all this.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi Andrea .. Who and where is entirely up to you. If you have blocked bidders from countries not shipped to , it is your choice to exempt a member from outside. See here..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Protection is another issue.. Your item UK.. if item is valuable and you want full coverage against a PayPal claim , would have to quote buyer Express international.

On the other hand .. small packet air international (no tracking) but $100 insurance against loss. Risk level is up to you.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
The choice in whether to ship to this buyer is entirely up to you. If you do ship and use a delivery confirmed service you will be fully covered under the seller protection plan. To do have the right to refuse to ship to this buyer if you aren't comfortable with the transaction.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply