? about tracking small packet

chrispenner
Community Member
I was at the post office today and asked them about tracking small packet shipments, I wanted to pick up the forms that are needed for this.. they had no idea what forms were needed and did not know what I was talking about... Do any of you know what I need for the tracking #'s and where I get it..
thanks so much!
Kathleen
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

catseye*
Community Member
Sheesh, it's almost embarrassing, isn't it?

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

elvishmerchant
Community Member
From what I've seen/heard from my Post Office, they will have a small barcode that will be tracked... BUT they will only be tracked by Canada Post/USPS if it is claimed to be lost. There will NOT be online tracking or delivery confirmation available to the customer. As for the new (little green) forms, they were not available as of yesterday. I'm not sure if I like this or not.
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

It might be like when you get insurance in Canada? They put a little sticker with bar code on it and then break it off and give the little piece to you that you can put the address on it and so on. This might be a funny day tomorow!
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

sapphiresdelight
Community Member
Small packages to the USA are not traceable by Canada Post
Yes some offices will allow you to bump your small package up to the over 1 kilo rate but technically this is against the rules od Canada Post, they also apply to express post if the express post is under 1 kilo and has anything other then documents in it, it is not allowed to be sent. So if you mail your small package from Canada to the USA and they allow you to bump it up to the 1 kilo rate your lucky if they say no, that is the policy try another post office Uggggg I have enquired about this rule and was told by someone quite high up the food chain at Canada Post this is due to international mail laws not due to Canada Post rules.... I've also heard that they will be coming out with a small package insurance rate where we can at least recover our money for lost parcels when they are insured. it will be similar to insured overseas parcels, no tracking ability just the ability to claim the insurance.... Better than what we have now
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Yes some offices will allow you to bump your small package up to the over 1 kilo rate but technically this is against the rules od Canada Post, they also apply to express post if the express post is under 1 kilo and has anything other then documents in it, it is not allowed to be sent

-__________________________________________________

Actually I have agrued this with Cannada post ...There web site has not such rule. I then told the Postal clerk to please upgrade the parcel as requested . She then stated "she could not" . I then asked for her to show me in writing were it stated were she could not ?

She then showed me a letter about the size of the small packet . I said to her , yes this is the letter from CP that states the size for small packet . But no-wear in the letter does it state I can not upgrade.

I then stated" please upgrade my package as I have requested" . She then rolled her eye's and did as I requested her too do

i was shipping on a Sat....

I later called my Cp rep ... Monday and asked my they gave me such a dam problem. My Rep told me that the small postal outlets get a larger % from Canada Post on small packets over parcels to America. This is why they push small packet's at the postal outlets and will not allow you to upgrade

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

zepadee
Community Member
LoL to post 17
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
aa-surplus- "My paper work from Canada Post shows Jan 12-14 as the date that small packets will have tracking numbers as they are going up in cost also."

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THIS PROGRAMME?
SMALL PACKETS DO NOT HAVE TRACKING NUMBERS AT THIS TIME.
So, FOUR+ years later- we are still at Canada Post's mercy when it comes to making a claim for a SMALL PACKET gone astray.
Message 27 of 27
latest reply