eBay Identity Confirmation Pin

When I was relisting an item tonight, before I could finalize it, a message appeared, worded something like "it appears you have signed in on a different computer" and advised that I would need a confirmation code, either by text or e-mail, to confirm my identity.  I was wary even though it looked authentic.  Anyway I backed out and tried again and got the same message.  So I obtained a confirmation code and proceeded.

Is this something new?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@jt-libra wrote:

When I was relisting an item tonight, before I could finalize it, a message appeared, worded something like "it appears you have signed in on a different computer" and advised that I would need a confirmation code, either by text or e-mail, to confirm my identity.  I was wary even though it looked authentic.  Anyway I backed out and tried again and got the same message.  So I obtained a confirmation code and proceeded.

Is this something new?

It happens to me every couple of years, last time was a few months ago. Like you there were no changes in my computer or internet connection.

I took the phone call option, I was auto-dialed within 5 seconds and provided the code I was given. The robo call was to my eBay registered phone number. Since you don't have to sign in or even provide a user name there really isn't anything to be concerned about.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks.  This info will be of interest to others then who have never yet been asked to confirm their identity.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply