how many negative feedbacks does an ebayer have to receive before an ebayer is kicked out of ebay?

I am one of fifteen[15]ebayers who did not receive an item that was paid for ,fortunately I was repaid all monies through the paypal protection plan but I see the defaulting ebayer still conducting business on ebay, what is the policy about selling on ebay ,the person in question had 15 approximately negative feedbacks almost in a row and now I just saw two postive ones ,please explain the game.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

how many negative feedbacks does an ebayer have to receive before an ebayer is kicked out of ebay?

It is not a game, it business and for many its a way of making a living or supplementing their income.  The money your were refunded did not come from eBay or PayPal protection plan.  It came from the seller's account.  It is unfortune that you did not receive your item but it does not mean the seller did not send it.  Items get lost in the mail, stolen from mail boxes, purchasers are not notified that there is a parcel for them (that is held for payment of duties), etc.  Then there are the buyers who use it as an excuse because they have remorse about spending the money or have found another item like it cheaper somewhere else..  Not claiming item because the duties payable are high, or the tempation of getting something for nothing.  The reasons are endless but in the end its always at the expense of the seller.  I sell jewelry and I have experienced it all.  Loss of money is not the only thing sellers have to deal with.  There are the negative feedbacks, low DSR ratings,  having ones business downgraded and limited by eBay, loss of visibility, loss of sales, loss of income, a constant downward spiral often for reasons beyond the seller's control.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Fifteen out of 20 ? Out of 100? Out of 15,000?

Percentages become important.

More important to sellers than feedback are the Detailed Seller Ratings. If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3 her ability to list and to sell are restricted. Much lower and the seller's account is closed by eBay.

And on identical products?

Dropshipping sellers are especially vulnerable to this sort of problem. The seller takes the order, but it is filled from a warehouse, usually in Asia.

If the warehouse is sold out. or if the supplier is dishonest and never ships, or if the product is crummy,  it is the seller who is blamed. (And since it is a particularly lazy way to sell, she doesn't get much sympathy from other sellers.)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The seller is no longer  registered and is not selling any items by the looks of it. He appears to have pulled a big scam on his way out.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply