refunding due to buyer error

What is the "approved"refund method now. Customer bought and i just knew they had bought the wrong thing. Sure enough, before mailing, I got the "oops" email. Okay, so, now what? Do they initiate the cancellation and then I refund? Can I just refund and initiate the cancellation with "buyer changed mind"? I want this out of my life, not now, right now.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I thought you didn't have any problems. I thought everything was perfect in your corner of the world.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

if  me, I refund then send cancellation request with reason buyer change mind/made a mistake, DONE!

I'm not type who worry about defect though 🙂

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

They've already told you that they don't want the item and that is the only way for them to 'initiate' the cancellation. You should refund them, explain that they will be receiving a cancellation request from ebay and then send them the cancellation stating that buyer changed mind/made mistake. You won't receive a defect.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They are a zero buyer. They signed up just to buy one item. I "think" that making them jump through hoops won't work.

I am going with the refund and I have sent a cancellation request. Easiest and I have chosen the reason that blames the buyer. I am good.

Thing is, I knew darn well they had purchased the wrong item.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No defect if you choose "buyer changed mind". If the buyer doesn't respond within 7 days, you will be able to close the case and you will get your FVF. Unfortunately, the buyer will be still able to leave the feedback (believe or not!!!). Just because of that I use "not paid" always where I can (no possibility to leave a feedback after the case is closed).

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

They are a zero buyer. They signed up just to buy one item. I "think" that making them jump through hoops won't work.

I am going with the refund and I have sent a cancellation request. Easiest and I have chosen the reason that blames the buyer.

Isn't that what I suggested? I'm not sure where your comment about the hoops comes in.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply