top rated for US only sales ?????

dagr8_renaud
Community Member
After wondering why I would not qualify for top rated seller it took me a while to get a response back from eBay about it .. it appears only "US transactions qualify for the ' 100' transactions necessary in order to obtain the top rated logo on my listings ,

Not only do I find this completely unfair to international sellers , but also totally misleading on eBay 's part to put that logo on eBay.ca for example , as one being 'top rated seller from the US ' doesnt mean anything to a Canadian buyer for many obvious reasons ..

Not to mention how US buyers mostly buy within the US , and that Canadian sellers will always come second .

The 5 stars rating system was flawed because sellers targeting international sells with a value above 200 $ in average in order to obtain seller protection would need to use EMS , of course one buyer couldnt give 5 stars ratings for paying around 70$ CAD , witch is the actual cost to most location (except the us ) .

And now eBay comes with another system that will most likely favor sells from within the us , afterall one smart person might consider its best ot pay a few $$ more on shipping and buy the product form a 'trusted top rated seller '

once again eBay fails again ...

Please refrain from t elling me how I am still here doing business on eBay and taht I need to adapt , I know it, doesnt chabge the facts I stated above .

Renaud
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

dagr8_renaud
Community Member
edited : forgot to say im sorry if this has been already posted ..
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Well, you seem to have covered all of the salient points of the argument.:-D
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
If you look in your Seller Dashboard right below your Dashboard Summary you will see SELLER PERFORMANCE in small letters.

If you click on USA you will see your performance for the USA, but once in this section you can then check and see what you are rated in the United Kingdom & Ireland (as a group) and then in Germany, Switzerland & Austria (as a group).

I believe that to be a Top Rated Seller there...it would only be those sales relevant to those countries.

I do not have a clue as to if the TRS or Power Seller logos have anything to do with buyers purchasing from my store. I believe my customers purchase from me because I have the product they want, at the price they want, at the s/h price they are willing to pay AS WELL as my customer service. I've only been a TRS for a very short time and that logo will disappear from my listings I'm sure once I come off of a month's vacation in January. It's not life or death to me.

Mind you....scrappers and crafts people are of a different breed! And 99.9% wonderful!!!

Just my thoughts.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I believe that to be a Top Rated Seller there...it would only be those sales relevant to those countries

It looks that way at first glance but if you dig deep you'll find that one of the requirements for TRS status in Germany is German residency, you also need to be registered as a business seller. The residency requirement alone means that no Canadian seller can be TRS in Germany. You can qualify to an an ASS (Above Average Seller) for whatever that's worth.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You can qualify to an an ASS (Above Average Seller)

You can qualify to ASS even without eBay 😄
Message 6 of 6
latest reply