what do i do?

So i bought a 3 color patch card on here recently but the guy sent me the same card but a 2 color patch version, anyone who collects cards knows that 3 color patches are more valuable then 2 color patches. 

Long story short we had a heated few messages...which really dont matter...i am offered a full refund if i send the card back......

Sounds Great ...RIGHT...or is it...

without refunding me for the costs of returning the card it doesnt make sense to send the card back.....i am not spending almost the same amount i paid for the card to get a refund....what kind of sense does that make? I would be out all that money and have nothing to show for it.

I feel like i am being extorted he is basically using the system in place (buyer must pay return shipping)  to basically force me to buy something i wouldn't have bought in the first place.... but thats ok because he is willing to refunded me if i spend $20 out of my pocket to get $22.50 back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO,

I buy a card , he send me the same version of the card but less valuable...basically baits and switches me...defrauds me is what he does....i tell him and he says " he thinks he sent me a better card"  NEVER says it was a mistake...just he thinks he sent me a better card...a card i didnt buy ....and WOULDNT have bought

So I spent $22.50 to buy the card i wanted (I am negative -$22.50)

an IF i want a refund..I have to spend another $20 (tracked shipping+my time and cost of getting back and forth to the post office)

Now i have to spend $20 ( -22.50 + -20 = -42.50)

So now  i spent  (-$42.50)  an i will get back  ($22.50)..........-42.50 + 22.50= -20 

I am out $20 and have nothing at all...he gets his card back and can sell it again or try the same thing again....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who would send the card back? It doesn't make sense to or you lose money....you are forced to keep the card you wouldn't have bought.

now would you leave this person negative feedback?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: what do I do?

IS there anyway to see the pictures of the cards offered in these listings?

12 The CUP RC auto COLBORNE (#300978981435)

12 The CUP RC auto COLBORNE (#300978571963)

This is the came card i bought just wondering if the picture is the same in each ad

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Neither number shows as an item.

Go and have a couple of beers and forget about it, the rules are what they are and that's that. You have FB and detailed seller ratings to express your opinion of the seller.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The rules are what they are but it leaves it open for people to take advantage of people.....isnt there anything i can do about this? 

The item was switched because he thought it was better....he should have contacted me to let me know and offered a refund before sending it. Instead he got rid of a card he wouldnt have been able to sell for such a high amount.....and can get away with this scam because the rules that are in place....

I am not sayiny they should change the rules but they should look into people doing this....whats to stop a person from buying a bunch of the same card and listing a nicer one and then unloading the cheaper versions on people...because its not economical for them to return the card for a refund or they will lose money and have nothing to show for it...it only works for small amounts because its not worth sending the card back for a refund....

If ebay can find the pictures for those listings (that i found in his feedback for recent sales) maybe they can find out if he is doing this to people regularly if its is found that he is exploiting the system then something should be done about it.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

He should have told me he didnt have the card....and gave me the option of buying this one or getting a refund...instead he just sent a replacement without my consent...a replacement i wouldnt have bought in the first place....

Message 5 of 5
latest reply