why did i not receive notification that i won an item i was bidding on and payment went thru?

gawyann
Community Member

i recently won an item but didnt receive any notification that i did and payment went thru my paypal account.  i'm glad i won the item but wasnt i suppose to get a message saying so? has anyone else had this happen? i'm new to ebay and paypal.  thank you!! could you please email your answer also  - thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

why did i not receive notification that i won an item i was bidding on and payment went thru?

You have to log in and pay for your payment to go through so you must have known you had won.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

There is not guarantee you will get an email saying you won. You can check it for yourself by going to My Ebay, Purchase History.

Only  you can pay for an item. No one paid the item for you. Did you do a Buy It Now which took you to the check out screen and not an auction?

You can go to Site Map at the bottom of the screen or Customer Support at the top of the screen and read everything you can about bidding and buying.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Does anyone else have access to your computer/eBay account/password?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply