Aggressive and rude seller possibly scam

Please if anyone can help me I would be extremely grateful . I rarely use Ebay and when I use it I only use it to get rare comic books that I can not possibly find anywhere else. I bought my biggest purchase ever for uncanny x-men #1 which was around 4000$ Canadian but I was under the impression that Ebay was a safe and reliable place to buy things. The seller was pleasant at first but messaged me a few days after the purchase and his demeanor changed big time. He accused me of changing my address after purchase but all I actually did was change my address while I was purchasing so that it would go to the right address. Ebay itself on the receipt and in the windows all showed "Item has been shipped" to the correct address but I guess he somehow used the address before actual purchase. All of a sudden a huge , expensive purchase became the worst purchase of my life. He was rude and accusatory and I had to run around to get my actual package. Now the item is loose and was claimed to have been signed by a high profile person but after the way this person has been acting and by the way they ignored some of my questions I feel that this item might be fake as this seller has shown me that they are aggressive and untrustworthy and any transaction where I am the buyer and the seller is aggressive usually means they are scammers.  Should I return the item right away and file a report? I am unsure of what to do but the item to me is no longer worth what I paid because it came from a jerk and I would like purchases where I overpaid anyways to be pleasant? or is that too much to ask in the digital age of no customer service , no honor and no face to face transactions for peace of mind and to judge character ? if so count me out!

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Aggressive and rude seller possibly scam

That is totally how I feel. I look at this book as the worst purchase of my life when it should be the best. It was the last book of a collection that took me 15 years and now Ebay and the seller ruined that for me. I did initiate the return and the buyer already sent me a rude message saying Ebay will take care of me so obviously he is confident that Ebay will back him through this trash. Looks like Ebay is going to try and get me to time out on my 30 days return but I am smarter than them.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

no that is not the book in question. I never buy any book in a case only raw ones which is why one would need to think the seller is a good ,decent and trustworthy person which He is not by any means as he has proven so far.  0397601000763655

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I do not collect anything in a case. The wrong item was being shown because the item I bough had ended.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

There is a Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

While sellers can refuse returns ,they (we) cannot refuse refunds.

I hope you have been treating the suspicious book as gently as the real thing no matter how upset you may be.

If it is indeed "raw" then it is also ephemeral.

You can return the book (well packed and given the probable value, use Priority Post) with Signature Confirmation.

When the seller gets the book back (with Signature Confirmation and in the same condition that it was sent) you will be refunded.

If the seller refunds himself, that's the end of it. You are not required to leave feedback and probably shouldn't.

If the seller is forced to refund, he gets a Defect on his selling record, which is a Big Deal. Big enough that it affects his ability to list, his listing fees, and possibly even leading to a closed account.

Be gracious.

Was the book certified by the way? That was never confirmed.

On an item of this value, a certificate is well worth obtaining.

"Well, maybe I'm not a fancy gentleman like you, with your ... very fine hat. But I do business. We're here for business."-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 24 of 24
latest reply