Another GSP Problem - Now What?

So now I have a new GSP problem with an item purchased from a US-based seller. eBay tracking shows that the item was delivered today, however it was not in my mailbox. Here's the thing: I live in a condo and all tracked packages are signed for by the concierge before an email is sent indicating there is a package waiting for me. So what to do now? eBay shows that my item was delivered, but I don't have it! I would appreciate any suggestions on how to deal with this as this was a pretty expensive item 😞

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

marnotom!
Community Member
Check your item’s status on one of Pitney Bowes’ tracking sites:

https://tracking.pb.com

https://parceltracking.pb.com

Under the item’s “progress meter” should be a tappable/clickable link to “track item on carrier’s website”. Tap or click on the link.

What carrier is being used? Is the information on its website any different from that on eBay or the PB tracking site? Does it say that the item went out for delivery before being scanned as delivered?

Hope those aren’t too many questions to keep track of! I’m just trying to be efficient! 😎
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Have you asked the concierge about that?
If you have a concierge, I bet there's security cameras too: ask to see the footage of the time of presumed delivery.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If I’m understanding @arhirii2007’s post correctly, all they have right now is an automated email from eBay that announces that the item has been delivered. If it’s like the email I got with my most recent GSP-forwarded purchase, the buyer has to do a bit of digging to get the delivery time, which wasn’t accurate in my case on my “my eBay” anyway, unless a different time zone was used in the tracking. (It was accurate on one of the PB tracking sites, however, but not both 🤷🏻‍♂️)
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This is why I pay my bills at the bank counter and have the teller rubberstamp them.
There could be anything done online, just because of fat-fingered typos, no malice intended.

I am old and grouchy.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It's also possible the item was delivered to Erlanger, KY. That often trips up new users and they wonder where it could be. eBay's message system could use a little revamp of wording.

Erlanger, KY is where the item gets documented and then shipped to Canada. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No, this was not the Erlanger delivery confirmation, I saw that one about 10 days ago. I can't imagine anyone would be confused by the difference between delivery to Erlanger and final delivery to the buyer.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

All the security footage would show is a Canada Post person delivering a massive sack of mail to 400+ condo units. Doesn't help much with this issue.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You would be surprised at how many buyers do get confused by the first stop being Erlanger.

When your purchase leaves there you get a UPAxxxxxx number--  another poster explained this some time ago:

Unison worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided...

Unfortunately the eBay, Canada Post and Pitney Bowes notification systems are not very well integrated in normal times, and with the Plague it has not been better.

PB and Canada Post (the usual subcontracted carrier in Canada) have much more accurate information.

It is possible that your shipment is actually waiting for your local carrier to pick up on Monday morning. Or she may have returned it to the local postal outlet and the paper notice been overlooked when she delivered those 400 items on Friday.

Although such a large building is probably more than one postal walk. How many postal codes are there in your building?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

No answers to any of my questions? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Items that must be scanned before deliveries would be apart from regular mail (or it would not be scanned, and no delivery message would be sent).
Still possible the problem is within your condo administration the way you put it!
Too many elements from your situation seem to be missing for us to be of anymore help... 😕
Message 11 of 11
latest reply