Anybody else having a hard time with bad sellers, not receiving refunds, or paid for order?

normansl
Community Member

Anybody having trouble with sellers not paying refunds, or not sending orders that have been paid for?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Anybody else having a hard time with bad sellers, not receiving refunds, or paid for order?

WalMart tells us they have a 1.2% shoptheft rate.

Which says that no matter what the business, there is a bad element to deal with.

You are covered by eBay and by Paypal Buyer Protection policies.

If you sensibly back your PP account with a credit card you are also covered by their chargeback program.

The first step is always to Contact the Seller.

This is not a conversattion. Don't get involved.

You only need to ask "When was this shipped? what service was used? What is the tracking number?"

And the only answer should be an immediate refund or a tracking number that shows the purchase is somewhere in Canada.

No offers of Replacements that won't arrive either.

No requests to remove negative feedback or close open Disputes.

Money or item.

This question gets asked so often, unfortunately, that I have some boilerplate prepared.

You have 30 days after that 'last estimated date for arrival' to open a Dispute with eBay's Resolution Centre, which is at the bottom of this page.
You have already attempted to Contact the Seller, so skip that step, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the 30 days have passed, go to your Paypal account.
You have 180 days from payment for this Dispute.
Find the transaction and copy the number.
The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools
Same process basically, skip the Contact Seller and escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

In future, read the feedback.
Don't buy from sellers with less than 98% positive (99% for Asian sellers)
Read the negative feedback , including seller responses, for patterns like slow or no delivery, poor communication, low quality, counterfeits.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently purchased an item from Germany and it arrived damaged, bend half like you wouldn't believe how this stupid seller packed it with literally no protection.  I contacted him and we went back and forth, he wanted me to mail it back by regular mail which I refused as this item has lots of value and very expensive and this seller can lie and said he never received it.

After a few weeks, I finally opened the dispute with PayPal and he escalated to claim right away.  Hope PayPal will be on my side.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

After a few weeks, I finally opened the dispute with PayPal and he escalated to claim right away.  Hope PayPal will be on my side.

Depends on what you mean by "on your side".  PayPal will likely require that you return the item to the seller in order to receive a refund.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

EBay has a short Dispute period, only 30 days after delivery, but the seller must provide return postage.

Paypal has a much longer Dispute period, 180 days from payment, but the buyer must provide his own return postage.

However, it is not possible for a German seller to buy a Canada Post shipping label, which is what you need to return the damaged product.

Some time ago a poster said that it is possible to buy a DHL(?) shipping label for another country, which no postal system nor any other courier seems to be able to do.

Can anyone confirm this?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If the seller stretches the return longer than 180 days it leaves the buyer with no other option only forums. The time from my order to the seller stating that they had received the return (China) exceeded 180 days,saying that a refund had been made. I haven't received a refund . You can do all the research and read all the reviews and feedback you like there are some bad actors as sellers and it seems that no one cares.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Just in case, instead of Paypal, check the credit card you back your PP account with.

But when the seller cannot prove IN A DISPUTE  that the item has been delivered (or received back) and does not refund, Paypal will.

And then PP goes after the seller for their money.

Also. Liars lie.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Indeed.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply