Bought something from Singapore (I think), tracking number is Swiss Post, doesn't exist.

I ordered something on March 7 from a vendor that is shown as being in Singapore.  On March 11 the first shipping info appears, saying "Tracking number provided" and "Incoming data delivery by the sender, Asendia Singapore".  Tracking details shows a Swiss Post tracking number, with a link to post.ch that says "No shipment was found under this shipment number".

I go back to the listing and look more carefully, it says "Item location: Singapore City, Israel".  So now I have no idea where the item is shipping from.    Vendor details shows the vendor is based in Israel, and has been ebay member since November, and has no feedback as a seller (but has a few as a buyer).    So this looks dicey, doesn't it?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bought something from Singapore (I think), tracking number is Swiss Post, doesn't exist.

Success!  The item was delivered today via Canada Post.  No additional charges / fees were collected upon delivery.   So about 20, 21 days from the day of placing order.  Ebay ad said 7 -15 days. 

The item is a well-known remedy for a somewhat wide-spread ailment that's going around...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did you check your tracking number on Asendia?

https://tracking.asendia.com/

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

It certainly looks weird based on what you've said, but it's tough to make informed comments without seeing the listing page.

With the information you've posted, I'd say you've got two possible ways to go at this point.

The first way:  You've got an estimated delivery date range from eBay.  Don't get worked up about the tracking or lack thereof.  Make a note of that last (or first) estimated delivery date and don't bother checking on the tracking until a couple of days before that.  Tracking the tracking daily won't change anything between now and then.  If it appears that your item won't arrive by that last estimated delivery date, get ready to file a claim of non-delivery through eBay's Money Back Guarantee process.

(As an aside, I interpret the message "incoming data delivery by the sender" to be along the lines of our post office's "electronic shipping information received by sender" message or whatever it is.  Something's been transmitted to the carrier, but since the item hasn't been scanned as accepted by the shipper yet, you're not going to see any tracking information.  I do find it weird that Ascenda information is supposedly trackable on the Swiss Post site, though.  I thought they were separate operations, like how Purolator is 91% owned by Canada Post but they're different operations with different shipping databases.  Anyway, I digress bigtime.)

The second way: If your Spider-senses are tingling unbearably at this point, file a claim of non-receipt with PayPal, get a refund, and pay your seller back if and when you receive your item and it's as promised on the listing page.  Your seller won't be too happy about this, of course.

If there's any other information that you can provide so that we can give you advice based on the actual transaction and not general suggestions, feel free to post it.  Just bear in mind that we can't name sellers on this board, but you can give us the listing number.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You ordered on the 7th and it hasn't arrived by the 13th.

Well, it won't arrive tomorrow either since that's a Sunday.

What day did eBay estimate to be the last date for delivery?

Mark it on your calendar.

If it has not arrived by then,  you can open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and get your money refunded.

Looking at tracking is like watching sausages being made.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I went to the Ascendia tracking page and the tracing number given on my ebay order details page does show that it is known to Ascendia, only 1 line of information about it: Mar 11, 2021 Label creation Asendia Singapore.

According to ebay, the item has shipped, Estimated delivery Fri, Mar 19 - Wed, May 05.  Acording to Ascendia, they haven't received the item yet, and we're now 10 days since the order was placed.   I've seen this sort of thing happen before, where I order from an asian country, a day or two later the item is listed as "shipped" but tracking number indicates that only a shipping label has been created, and then after about 2 or 3 weeks I get the item and seems to have a different shipping / tracking number than what was originally indicated.

> but you can give us the listing number.

I can post that here?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Success!  The item was delivered today via Canada Post.  No additional charges / fees were collected upon delivery.   So about 20, 21 days from the day of placing order.  Ebay ad said 7 -15 days. 

The item is a well-known remedy for a somewhat wide-spread ailment that's going around...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I assume you mean that the eBay listing stated an estimate of “7 - 15 BUSINESS days” which would make your delivery time of 21 CALENDAR days right on the edge of that timeframe.

Glad your item reached you unscathed!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply