Buy It Now listing price increased after purchase

So I purchased an item from a store with BIN earlier today. Importing a Vita game from Japan, sounds like a good seller, 100% feedback, excellent shipping speed and what not, and it was a great price for me. 

So I was just showing my brother the listing a few minutes ago, and the price has increased to 140 from the 120 I bought it for earlier. 

Now my purchase, of course, is paid for entirely, and when I click view my purchase, it of course shows it being 120, not 140. 

However, I wasn't aware prices could be increased on a BIN, even in a store, after the fact. 

There's no way the seller can attempt to get me to pay the higher price that it is now listed at or hold my item for ransom or anything, is there? Being a little paranoid, I realize, but haven't encountered this in all my time on Ebay. 

Thanks for any feedback!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is it because you weren't considering the cost of shipping when you bought?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Not sure I understand your question.....shipping is free in the listing, and still is. And I didn't even mention or infer anything about shipping?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Perhaps the seller had multiples of the item & relisted at a higher price.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

OK. I didn't understand you concern or ?.  X-(

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

In a BIN auction...

You can increase or decrease the price whenever you want.

I do it all the time depending on stock levels

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@salesgroup - I didn't know you could do that. That's good to know!!

@i'mstillhere - I worded it as best I could, apologies if it wasn't clear enough.

@bb_cool - They had 5 of them when I bought it, so 4 left now, it wasn't relisted, the price was just upped after I bought mine.

Well if others do this like sales does, then that certainly alleviates my worries about it and now I'll just be thankful I got it at a lower price than others if anyone else buys it from that seller 😄

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The seller cannot change the price that you pay after you have made the purchase.  He can, however, change the price in the listings for future sales.  If you click on Revisions just above the listing description, you can see whether or not a revision was made and the date.

Listings cannot be revised during the last 12 hours before they end.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

So you bought 1 of the 5 items they have listed, which was priced at 120.

After your purchase, the seller decided to revise the listing to 140.

Now, if someone wants to purchase one of the 4 remaining items, they have to pay 140.

Your price is not affected because you purchased before the revision.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

If you are disapointed that you got a good deal you could always contact the seller and demand to pay the new higher price.

😄

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I love how some people just read part of the message and make a comment about something that was addressed in the part of the message they clearly did not read. Or just fabricate some worry I never had based on what I said.

Thank you to those that were helpful 🙂

karl - Tempting *laughs* But think I'll stick with my good deal price and be thankful I got it before it was upped 😄

Message 11 of 11
latest reply