Buying and shipping during covid

I made a purchase June 3. It was shipped July 4. I didn’t received it, sent a message to the seller with no reply, then when I tried to claim a refund, eBay says too much time has passed. Shipments are delayed during Covid, so I guess a seller only has to delay shipping and there is no recourse for the buyer. From now on, it’s tracked shipping or I won’t buy it, and first I’ll look EVERYWHERE ELSE before buying on eBay. Either there’s a guarantee or there isn’t. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

All is not lost. If it was paid by PayPal, you should contact them (PP) right away.  Their window is 180 days.  I believe this is their toll free number.  1-888-221-1161     

Plan B or C.   If your PP is funded through a credit card, contact them but wait first to see if PayPal can come through for you. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. I’m disappointed with eBay, though. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@popolivecat wrote:

Thanks. I’m disappointed with eBay, though. 

What do you mean by "either there is a guarantee or there isn't"?  Did you read the terms and conditions associated with the Money Back Guarantee?

I'm also puzzled by your new insistence on tracked shipping.  We buyers have been brainwashed into thinking that tracking information is of a huge benefit to us.  Getting the item is more important.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Tracking is a Seller Protection against unwarranted Not Recieved claims.

It does not move the item any faster nor does it guarantee arrival.

In the same way the Global Shipping Program is a Seller Protection Program. It has little value to the buyer, with the possible exception that some sellers who would not ship outside the lower 48 states will use it to allow foreigners to buy.

The Buyer is protected by the Money Back Guarantee, by Paypal's Buyer Protection policy, and in some cases by the chargeback program of their credit card.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply