China to Canada not arriving?

So, for a few years now I have been ordering cheap items from china, that otherwise are overpriced or not available locally (take for example, bright LED flashlights, laser lights, audio/video cables and adapters etc etc..)  The shipping is usually 20-30 days, however since last September most of the items I have tried to order simply never showed up. And it's not just me, on another popular Canadian automotive forum many members have complained of the same issues in the past 6 months.   I ordered 4 things in October( all on different days from different users), requested a refund at day 45, items never arrived. Ordered 2 things in december and only one arrived, and recently ordered a dozen replacement automotive light bulbs on the 12th of January and so far, nothing has arrived.

I know these are cheap items with standard int'l shipping, but all of the ebay users were long time & well established Chinese sellers, with plenty of good feedback. Most were able to provide me with a "proof of shipment" via hong kong post or whatever local postal service they were using.  Anybody have any similar issues? Is this a canada customs thing or are they falling off the boat on the way over?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

China to Canada not arriving?

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 21
latest reply