I bought an item from seller and I never receive the item, how to proceed to get refund

I bought an item from seller and I never receive the item, how to proceed to get refund

ebay says there is not such an item , 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I seem to be going through the same thing right now.

Bought a Acer Tablet, after Kimberly received the money the item was removed and her account was removed also.

Do I assume the item is on the way and she was a one time seller, or was I taken ??

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If your estimated date of delivery has passed, go to PayPal and open an Item Not Received case. Don't accept an offer of a replacement in this case, it won't end well. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

In my case paypal says the shipped date was Sep 04-2017 and ebay says expected delivery is Sep 28 to Oct 04. So I guess just wait and see. Do you know how long of time between order and paypal or ebay says too long for refund?
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

muniverse-- Go to your Paypal account to open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller. Ignore it.

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

State that the seller is Not A Registered User because eBay has closed the account.

If the seller cannot prove that the item has been delivered (not shipped, delivered) you will be refunded.

If this is a new seller or if the account was dormant and hijacked, Paypal did not release your payment to the scammer. New and occasional sellers (even honest ones) have payments Held by PP for up to 21 days after clearance. Because of problems just like this.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

28_seconds.

See the information I left above.

In my case paypal says the shipped date was Sep 04-2017 and ebay says expected delivery is Sep 28 to Oct 04.

Your first line of defence is eBay.

The eBay Money Back Guarantee starts on October 4 and extends for 30 days after that.

But the Paypal Buyer Protection starts with your payment and extends for 180 days.

If you back your PP account with a credit card (a Good Idea) you have a third level of protection from the card.

Did you recieve a tracking number from the scammer seller?

If so, does it show that the computer is in Canada? Was it sent through the Global Shipping Program?

If one of these situations obtains, file through eBay in October.

If you don't have tracking-- and given the bulk and the value of a computer the shipment should be tracked-- go immediately to Paypal.

The credit card is for worse coming to worst.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply