I received the wrong item & now the seller is refusing to refund me.

cekor89
Community Member

I'm not sure exactly what happened, it may have been a mail mix up or something cause the seller said they were from ireland but the package says it came from California, but regardless they're now refusing to refund me???
I'm really scared because this item was $200 and that's A LOT of money. They just told me "this is a Canada Post issue, we will not be refunding you."
What do I do??? Like if eBay steps in will the matter be resolved or is their refusal going to make this difficult???
;-;
I sent them a message saying I know eBay having to step in can reflect poorly on their seller account so I'd appreciate it they could resolve this proffesionally & then sited eBay's policies but idk.. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Just file an item not as described and you will be refunded. You gave the seller a chance and they they declined to address it.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As ericsells has said it is an Item Not As Described not an Item Not Received/Delivered. The seller saying it is a Canada Post issue means they think it's strictly a delivery problem but even if someone gets the correct item and it is not as described in the listing they can make a claim. Getting the wrong item is certainly "not as described". Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

With an  Item Not As Described Dispute, you will be refunded, although the seller does have the right to demand the return of the mistaken shipment.

He will however also be required to send you return postage, and the refund is after he has received the shipment. So use Air Mail and tracking.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply