Incorrect item sent by seller

ledisme
Community Member
So I bought a sports card off a seller in Canada. The posted picture is of the exact card I wanted. The worded description below it, has an item # and a word. It arrived, but it's a completely different card from the picture. It's a cheaper card and is the one that matches their worded #, but not the card in the picture. Seller isn't answering. Someone in their feedback mentioned bad communication too. How does it work, as far as the eBay claim side, with wrong pictures posted on an eBay item that is bought? The "show more" description of the item shows nothing about the card, just shipping information. In all my years, I've never had this happen before, so this is unknown territory for me. Pictures are supposed to match what you get, right? I tried to post a picture of the item I bought, but it wont upload here because it's a .PNG photo.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Go to your original order.

You have attempted to get a response from the seller so just make a Claim.

You are covered by the Not As Described claim for 30 days from delivery by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

The seller will be required to refund you, although they may want the card back. If they do, they have to send you return shipping.

Tracked international shipping is quite expensive and even domestic tracked starts at $10.67 (for Registered Letter). The seller pays this.

EBay sides with the buyer in almost every case.

Which drives us sellers nuts, but there you are.

You are also covered by Paypal for up to 180 days from payment and by the chargeback provisions of the credit card you really paid with.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Go to your original order.

You have attempted to get a response from the seller so just make a Claim.

You are covered by the Not As Described claim for 30 days from delivery by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

The seller will be required to refund you, although they may want the card back. If they do, they have to send you return shipping.

Tracked international shipping is quite expensive and even domestic tracked starts at $10.67 (for Registered Letter). The seller pays this.

EBay sides with the buyer in almost every case.

Which drives us sellers nuts, but there you are.

You are also covered by Paypal for up to 180 days from payment and by the chargeback provisions of the credit card you really paid with.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks. He still hasn't replied. I don't understand why he doesn't just admit his mistake and try and work it out. Usually sellers can be quite nice and communicative.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I just realized that we can't buy letter rate postage or registered shipping online.

So while we can buy these at the PO counter and use them ,  the seller cannot provide the lowest tracked domestic shipping by sending a Return Shipping Label.

The difference isn't great,  about $2.00, but it would be a further penalty.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply