Is there a way to see original listing pictures and text?

I got scammed .. 

I bought what I thought where LED armbands (5 of them).. at  a low price.  I finally got the package today and, surprise! I have 5 watch bracelets. 

When I go back to the listing it says the listing has been updated now showing these watch bracelets when you select the color I bought,  and that the item I purchased can be viewed by clicking the nice link .. that doesn't have a picture anymore. 

I'm pretty certain I never saw a watch bracelet in the original listing.

However, the description is confusing at best.  There is in the "Item specifics" a line where it says "type: replacement Wristband" which contradicts every other part of the text and title.

And, of course, the seller never left feedback for me.

• Is there anyway to see the original pictures before the seller changed the listing?
  • I have the feeling the seller is going to threaten me with negative feedback if I challenge what I have received; how much leeway does eBay give for seller to have confusing and conflicting listing description?

Thank you in advance for any advice on this.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mcrlmn
Community Member

There is revision history listed in the listing. You'll find the button on the left near the 'Description' and 'Shipping and payments' buttons.
eBay should also have a record in the event such a 'not as described' scenario arises.

You are entitled to receive as shown and described in the listing.

You are the buyer.

The seller can only leave you positive feedback.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

mcrlmn
Community Member

There is revision history listed in the listing. You'll find the button on the left near the 'Description' and 'Shipping and payments' buttons.
eBay should also have a record in the event such a 'not as described' scenario arises.

You are entitled to receive as shown and described in the listing.

You are the buyer.

The seller can only leave you positive feedback.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Open an Item Not as Described Case asap. 

The seller will be required to send you postage to return it, or give you your money back. Nothing at this point, however, can compel them to send you the right order and I would advise against accepting a replacement unless it is a domestic seller and the replacement can be sent with tracking and delivered within about five business days. Too often the 'replacement' never arrives or is just as unsuitable as the original shipment and the buyer is left hanging because the case timed out. Unethical sellers know this. Only accept replacements from sellers you already know and trusy.

Not as Described case, and take a refund. 

Try again.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You may be able to see the original listing in your Paypal account. I'm not sure because I've never had to do it myself. Worth a try.

In any case, eBay is pretty lax about Not As Described  disputes.

Ask any seller here. (I'm primarily a seller.) We get pretty grumpy about it.

Whatever the listing currently says, you didn't get what you paid for.

Do NOT accept a replacement. If that is suggested, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim immediately. 

You do NOT have the close a Dispute before receiving a refund. If that is suggested Escalate to a Claim immediately.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm not sure what you mean in "the seller can only leave you positive feedback".. anyway I'm already pass the point where I can leave feedback so I assumed is the case with him.
Thank you for the revision history .. it does not appear that he changed the pictures so the item was deceptively set-up to start with it seems.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You have 30 days from delivery for an eBay Dispute.

You have 60 days from purchase to leave feedback.

BUT

You have 180 days from Payment to open a Paypal Dispute.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Skip the suggestion that you contact the seller. It won't help in this case (but usually it moves things along faster).

Open a Not As Described dispute.

Unfortunately, PP insists that the buyer return the unwanted item to the seller before they will refund.

When tracking shows the item as returned, the buyer is REFUNDED.

If you back your PP account with a credit card, you can also phone the 1-800 number on the card and inquire about a chargeback.

I have the feeling the seller is going to threaten me with negative feedback if I challenge what I have received;

Sellers can only leave positive feedback or no feedback for their customers.

So, not a problem.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply