Listed as free shipping but shipping being charged...

I won 4 items with free shipping clearly indicated. Now when I go to pay there are shipping charges amounting to a multiple of the purchase price.

I sent the seller a message but now notice feedback complaining of the same issue with no reply from the seller. What is the proper way for me to proceed and register a complaint if I do not hear back?

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Listed as free shipping but shipping being charged...

@muscoviteman 

But feedback is not used by eBay to assess accounts.

It's an opinion.

If there is a Big Problem the Resolution Centre is the first step. Feedback is the last, after Resolution. (And if the Dispute goes against the buyer, he can't leave feedback)

If there is a little problem, then appropriate feedback can be helpful to the next customer.

Like poor communication or slow to ship, but the item arrived on time and was as described.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

n

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Ooops... 

Anyhow I will likely have to call again tomorrow once the seller's case closes. That is pain I don't need. eBay should be able to deal with such obvious additions of shipping fees.

I'll use eBay again for non-standard items I can't get elsewhere but I purchased $250 worth of standard merchandise elsewhere today that I previously would have purchased here.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

The rub here is that by making your “standard merchandise” purchases elsewhere, you’re hurting the sellers of that merchandise far more than you’re hurting eBay.

In the 20-odd years of being an eBay member, I’ve noticed an increasing sense of disconnectedness between eBay’s buyers and the sellers from which they buy. The anonymizing of purchases and the automation of after-sale invoicing and communication are but two possible reasons for this.
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

@marnotom! 

Definitely directly caused by all the gradual changes eBay has been making over the last number of years.  With the definite intention for it to be nearly impossible for buyers and sellers to have any kind of a dialog from beginning to end of any transaction. Whether it goes smoothly or if there are issues. 1 running example of that is every time I deal with a customer wanting to know if pickup is possible, 3 or 4 times per month.

-Lotz

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

"The rub here is that by making your “standard merchandise” purchases elsewhere, you’re hurting the sellers of that merchandise far more than you’re hurting eBay."

True, and I regret that,  but I make purchases to benefit me and will make them in a venue that does not inconvenience me. The items I purchased elsewhere actually arrived this morning in only 2 days but shipping time is not a big issue with me.  I did purchase a $65.00 blunose stamp here yesterday as that is not standard merchandise but will shop here for only that type of thing now. 

The seller is still piling up complaints. The eBay case was to close yesterday but is still open.

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Well the case closed against me...now I have to call again...ans seperated cases have been opened for the other 3 items...more wasted time to call. This will sure impact my purchasing here.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Plus as his cases close his negatived get rempved...he is down to 89 now. A clear case od a seller abusing the system and eBay does nothing.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Well...I wasted a bunch more time om the phone only to be told the system is not set up to fix this until the cases close.

I asked why the seller could add extra shipping and was told "this is at the seller's discretion".

I told them I ould be purchasing mich less here and was told, "Sorry to hear that."

And life goes on. eBay's loss.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply