New Purchase History page

bappy3
Community Member

eBay introduced a new Purchase History page on ebay.com a few days ago.  It is not yet on ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk, etc so I use those alternate sites as a work-around.  I gave feedback using "Tell us what you think", however in the past I have never seen responses to my feedback.  Let's try it here.  I am curious to know if others feel the same or have anything to add.

1 - Bug where several purchased items have duplicate entries once the seller sends an invoice.  The invoiced items will then show as paid, and the duplicate entries show "Awaiting Payment".  Even if you click "Pay Now" it re-directs to the order details.  "Hide" is not there for these.  I can't get rid of them.

2 - eBay item number is no longer displayed on the summary.

3 - The date that the auction ended is no longer displayed on the summary, nor anywhere else that I can see including the auction page.

4 - The old summary page used to show status on payment, shipment, and feedback for each item.  No longer here.

5 - Loads of wasted / empty space.  I really wish for a nice compact list of items so I can see 10+ items on my screen.  Now I have to do a lot of scrolling.  Perhaps the reason is due to taller image displayed for each item, and the spacing between images.  Make the image less tall as before, and user a little less space between images.

6 - "Combined shipping" orders from a single seller show duplicate information.  E.g., if I have one order with 10 items, it will show the estimated delivery date, return policy, and seller ID 10 times.  There is opportunity here to redue text and save screen space.

7 - "Mark as paid" no longer exists.  (issue already reported on this thread)  No way to do this if paying by check, cash, bank transfer .  I guess this is now obsolete and not recommended as ebay loses control over the money?  IMO it should be okay if the buyer already has a relationship with the seller.

I make a lot of purchases on ebay.  Perhaps this change is acceptable for the occasional user that makes a purchase every month or two.  If ebay can fix the duplicate entry bug, add back useful details like the item # and feedback status, etc, and condense the page to display more items and less white space, then I would be happy again.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@bappy3 wrote:

eBay introduced a new Purchase History page on ebay.com a few days ago.  It is not yet on ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk, etc so I use those alternate sites as a work-around.  I gave feedback using "Tell us what you think", however in the past I have never seen responses to my feedback.  Let's try it here.  I am curious to know if others feel the same or have anything to add.

1 - Bug where several purchased items have duplicate entries once the seller sends an invoice.  The invoiced items will then show as paid, and the duplicate entries show "Awaiting Payment".  Even if you click "Pay Now" it re-directs to the order details.  "Hide" is not there for these.  I can't get rid of them.

3 - The date that the auction ended is no longer displayed on the summary, nor anywhere else that I can see including the auction page.

4 - The old summary page used to show status on payment, shipment, and feedback for each item.  No longer here.

5 - Loads of wasted / empty space.  I really wish for a nice compact list of items so I can see 10+ items on my screen.  Now I have to do a lot of scrolling.  Perhaps the reason is due to taller image displayed for each item, and the spacing between images.  Make the image less tall as before, and user a little less space between images.

6 - "Combined shipping" orders from a single seller show duplicate information.  E.g., if I have one order with 10 items, it will show the estimated delivery date, return policy, and seller ID 10 times.  There is opportunity here to redue text and save screen space.

7 - "Mark as paid" no longer exists.  (issue already reported on this thread)  No way to do this if paying by check, cash, bank transfer .  I guess this is now obsolete and not recommended as ebay loses control over the money?  IMO it should be okay if the buyer already has a relationship with the seller.

I make a lot of purchases on ebay.  Perhaps this change is acceptable for the occasional user that makes a purchase every month or two.  If ebay can fix the duplicate entry bug, add back useful details like the item # and feedback status, etc, and condense the page to display more items and less white space, then I would be happy again.

devon@ebay 

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@bappy3 wrote:

Thank you for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies. And thank you for all of the feedback and information @bappy3 . I will be sure to get this over to the correct team so they can look further into what you have listed out.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi Devon,

The Purchases page was taken down from ebay.com not long after I had posted my message in July.  But it re-surfaced again with no visible improvement.  Thankfully it has not been rolled out to ebay.ca, so that is my work-around for now.

https://www.ebay.com/mye/myebay/v2/purchase

Can you try again with getting my feedback to the appropriate developers?

The new Purchases page is VERY poor compared to the previous version.  It is so spread out with wasted space.  Poorly organized for multi-purchase transactions.  Missing key information like the ebay item number.  I don't know how this could get past the QA team.  Sorry for the rant, but I am that frustrated with it, and scared that it will be rolled out to ebay.ca.  I am a heavy long time user, so I hope that ebay will take me seriously.

Best regards,

Jim

Message 4 of 4
latest reply