No Pre-paid Postage Label from Seller for Wrong Item

Seller reports to eBay he has sent buyer pre-paid postage return label and eBay without checking sends buyer seller's false info and leaves no method to contact eBay reporting buyer received no label from seller. Extremely stupid & frustrating communication system to return wrong items or defective items or junk items.

Attached

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Was this item from a Canadian seller?  It is not possible for sellers to generate international return labels for buyers through ebay.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes Canadian seller.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Virtually every aspect of the Return or Resolution process is run by bots. There is no double-checking and the messages sent to both the buyer and seller throughout the process are automated where one-size-fits-none. If you need clarification or correction on any part of the process, you must call Customer Service to talk to a real, live person... and hope for the best as some of the reps can do little more than parrot what they read on the screen in front of them. 

My best and bluntest advice is this: avoid at all cost (literally) questionable, high-risk transactions by: (a) avoiding sellers in certain areas overseas who are either going to send you total junk or nothing at all (b) ignoring sellers who are offering deals that you know are too good to be true and (c) reading that feedback before you buy and leave it after you do.

The aggravation of working to fix a problem far outweighs any savings from dealing with junk dealers, shady drop-shippers and/or half-baked crooks. It's just not worth it. I too leaned this lesson the hard way.

Now I find a seller I like and I stick with them for more of the same.

Or find a member among the boards who sells what you need. You can glean quite a lot about a person by what they say here in Community. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

That means eBay has reached state of hopelessness as a descent online store once it was.Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am in Australia and have agreed to accept a return from a Canadian buyer. Ebay have told me to send him a return postage label and I have asked Australia Postal Service and they have no knowledge of such. So, the lesson to be learned is to never accept a return via Ebay.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

There is no such thing as a return postage label.   The concept is ridiculous and Ebay shouls know better than come up with rubbish like this.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@pierter5 wrote:

There is no such thing as a return postage label.   The concept is ridiculous and Ebay shouls know better than come up with rubbish like this.

Return postal labels DO exist.

The major problem is when buyer and seller are in different countries. This an issue that eBay needs to find a solution for.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yes, Shippo now has made Return Postage Labels possible, and did a walk-through of How To Create a Return Label on its Welcome To Shippo webinar a few months ago.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@pierter5

USPS, and eBay is a very American company, have had these available for years.

And in the past few month, Canadians have been ableto buy US postage return labels through Shippo, a shipping discounter.

Does Australia have access to Shippo?

If so, check if they print Canadian shipping labels.

It will take some patience, but you can make a label and then email /message it to your unhappy customer.

If not, there is the Paypal route.

You have the customer's email address on the PP invoice.

Use PP to send the customer the amount they need for Tracked return postage.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Specify that this is for a label. Do NOT use the family and friends part, this comes under business.

Then, and this is the tricky part, if the buyer uses the money for something else you can start a PP Item Not Received dispute.

Not great, but...

Message 10 of 10
latest reply