Order total went up after I accepted offer?

I  just accepted an offer from a seller  for a widget.  The order total quoted to me by eBay including shipping was approximately $64 US (about $87 CDN) with $0.00 in taxes/duties.  I was good with that, so I clicked accept.  When I was taken to the payment screen, the order total had increased to $74 US ($105 CDN), including $3.55 US in taxes.  I am not good with paying this amount and would not have clicked accept if I had known this is what I would have to pay.  What's up with this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member
It would be useful if we could see a breakdown of the charges for both your offer and the calculation on the payment screen. It’s difficult to figure anything out with just totals to work with.

For what it’s worth, I’m wondering if the shipping charge for within the US was erroneously shown in your offer, but I can’t say for certain.

Also, are you in Alberta? That charge for taxes seems low unless your sale is subject just to GST.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

There's an hidden fee for currency conversion, you see the true total only at checkout (it's 4-7% added).

This is one of the main reasons i personally avoid buying from canadians listing in USD. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

There's an hidden fee for currency conversion, you see the true total only at checkout (it's 4-7% added).

Okay, but that doesn't explain why the total changed from US$64 to US$74.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply