Policy changes - I don't want phone calls

xena_torres
Community Member

I got an email from eBay today about policy changes, and there's no bloody way to email them (I have better things to do than sit on hold all day).

There's a part about receiving freakin' PHONE CALLS (telemarketing/spam). I do NOT want ANY calls - EVER from eBay. The email suggests I can turn off these settings, but doesn't offer any bloody instructions.

There's also this little evil nugget:

"Updates regarding your access to your information and rights to opt-out of marketing and promotional communications. Updated language regarding your ability to access your information and to control your communication preferences, including marketing and promotional communications. This updated language informs users of their rights regarding our use of their information for marketing purposes, as well as their rights to control their communication preferences, and notifies users of the consequences of withdrawing their consent for our use of their personal information to provide access to and use of our sites, applications, services and tools"

I'd want to turn off all that too. Again - no instructions. Anyone know? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

To change your settings,

My eBay -> Account - Communication Preferences -> Promotions and Surveys (end of page)

click on show on right

Leave General email promotions checked off to get emails about promotions like free listing days. Remove check list from everything else.

PS Take the time to explore all of the Account options and inside each option. Most defaults are okay but browse for knowledge. Do not change anything, ask first here in case there is a misunderstanding on your part.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

emails...no problem... general information,  and survey... ignore

Telephones...  one in ten years.....on eBay....

It is more important to allow eBay to communicate....  than to shut eBay down completely .

You never know when something important will arrive in your mail box....

Message 3 of 3
latest reply