Purchased 2 x ELM327 OBD2 WiFi readers, one failed.

$turbo$
Community Member

Hi,

I purchased 2 x ELM327 OBD2 WiFi readers from a seller in Hong Kong on March 9, 2018.  They arrived a few weeks later.  After one or two uses one of the units failed.  I reported this to the seller on Apr. 29 and they replied that they would send a replacement.  In the meantime they asked that I destroy the defective unit and send them photos.  On July 31 I contacted the seller to let them know that I had not received the replacements.  I did not receive any reply.  I contacted them again one week later, and again no reply.

Since it has been more than 90 days from the original purchase I cannot submit a request to eBay Customer Service.  What else can I do?

Thanks,

$turbo$

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can open a case via PayPal, however, PayPal will require you to ship the item back with tracking. For China, you need to use a expensive shipping, as I ran into the issue when returning a cellphone. The normal shipping can take months to get there.

How much are these things worth? If it's not like hundreds, then returning them would be impractical. However still open a case and try to get the seller to refund. They might once the case is open.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The seller scammed you.

For an eBay Dispute Resolution you have 30days from delivery.

When the item is Not As Described, the seller is allowed to demand a return before refunding, but he pays for the return shipping.

But.

Paypal allows 180 days from payment and you still have a month.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

But

PP requires the Buyer to pay tracked return shipping, and, as noted, this can be expensive.

BUT

If you backed your PP account with a credit card, you may be able to do a chargeback, without paying return shipping.

Call the number on the back of your credit card and have your dates, transaction numbers, currency of payment, and if possible copies of those messages from the scammer handy.

ProTip-- NEVER accept an offer of a replacement.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply