Received an incomplete item and seller won't refund

momoo168
Community Member

Hi, guys need some advice here...

Long story short, I bought an item from yifan-world on Dec.06 2012 and received on Jan 04 2013 as incomplete package. The seller told me he will ship me the missing part. So, i waited until Feb.16 2013 and told him that i still haven't received anything, but he just told me to wait more. Another week had passed and I'm really fed up with his "keep waiting" so i asked for refund. He was nice enough to offer me US $2 refund instead of US $10 I paid him. I have refused that offer because it is UNFAIR. Ever since that he just ignores my message and not getting back to me.

I have tried to open an dispute on Paypal and also email their support. But what i get from them is "too bad.. you have passed the 45 days limit to dispute it and we can't do anything"

What I have learned form this is sometimes you just can't be nice... or it will come back and bite your butt. If I was to open the dispute right after i received the incomplete item instead of waiting for him to send me the missing part, i guess i would've got my money back

Any inputs?

thank you

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

IT not about being nice or mean just know how to protect yourself and don't wait longer then 44 days no matter what ..

If you would have file SNAD paypal would make you ship back with tracking which would cost you more then $10 so it is kind of pointless ..

$10 item and you were missing a part and he offered a partial..  Makes sense unless the part your missing makes it all useless..

What did you order and what r you missing

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Even though you waited too long to file a case, there is another way to get a refund. I just found this out today. If you call eBay ( not PayPal ) and raise holy crap with them, 9 times out of ten, they will refund  the buyer out of eBays pocket just to keep them coming back to buy here. In my opinion, it's not right, but they do it so buyers don't leave.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Almost forgot. You do not have to send the item back either.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

momoo168
Community Member

brandeentertainment -  there's a string that should comes with the item, without
it will make the cloth unwearable and useless.

ggsale27 - I first tried to open an case on ebay but because i paid with paypal
so it redirected me there. Then when i tried to open the dispute on paypal, it closed my
case because it is more then 45 days...  So do you just call the 866-278-1053 and explain
to them the issue?

thank you

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes. Get a pin number from the help pages and then call eBay. Just keep at the CSR until they do something for you. This must be some kind of new policy to try and keep buyers coming to eBay , at least that is how they described it to my wife this morning, when she called to ask why an amount was frozen and then unfrozen in her account.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Don't let ebay and or paypal send you back and forth they are they same company ...

File a chargeback on your credit card

Message 7 of 7
latest reply