Returning Item not as described purchased through GSP, do I get Import Charges back?

Hello,

So I've recently purchased a game console bundle that came with the wrong console. I was going to initiate a return (after contacting the seller) however I'm reading conflicting posts on whether I am eligible to get money back on import charges as well. (I'm located in Canada and Seller in US)

In short, will I get import charges back for receiving an incorrect item through eBay's Money Back Guarantee, even though it was purchased through GSP?

Thanks in advance for your help and let me know if you need more details.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Returning Item not as described purchased through GSP, do I get Import Charges back?

You will be refunded the import charges on a Return for Items Not as Described but not for reasons of Remorse; it's necessary to indicate it's a Global Shipping Program return in the case and also watch to make sure your money does come back though. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes, my understanding is that the GSP needs to be mentioned in the details to get flagged by the bot handling your case. To be on the safe side, I'd use both the program's full name and the abbreviation. Maybe even toss in "Pitney Bowes" somewhere for good measure. Can't hurt.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You will be refunded the import charges on a Return for Items Not as Described but not for reasons of Remorse; it's necessary to indicate it's a Global Shipping Program return in the case and also watch to make sure your money does come back though. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Part of the problem is a technicality.

The buyer did not pay those import charges. He paid GSP a sum that covers the import charges. (And part of that is a service charge.)

That being said, if the buyer makes it clear that this was a GSP enabled shipment, GSP /Pitney Bowes does get involved and the import fees are eventually returned.

OP - This a Not As Described dispute and you should be fine.

Mo- are you sure about Remorse returns not having import fees reimbursed? Whatever the reason, the item would be returned to the seller as "Returned Merchandise" which normally initiates a return of duty.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes. We took the issue to eBay staff for clarification awhile ago since the language in the terms and conditions of that particular user agreement was rather unclear. Of course, it may have changed since then. If I had time, I’d find the thread.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you both for answering my question!

When I click Request a return, I don't see anything on the Global Shipping Program. Do I just pick 'Doesn't match description or photos' and then write in details about GSP? Or is there a separate button for dispute other than 'Request a return'.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes, my understanding is that the GSP needs to be mentioned in the details to get flagged by the bot handling your case. To be on the safe side, I'd use both the program's full name and the abbreviation. Maybe even toss in "Pitney Bowes" somewhere for good measure. Can't hurt.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

My understanding is that if the return is covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee, the import charges are recoverable. Remorse returns aren't covered by the MBG, sooooo. . . there's that.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, will try that and see how it works. Hopefully, there aren't too many hoops to jump through. 

It sucks that there's no option to get a replacement with correct item since finding this combination of games + console will be annoying. But at least I'm getting my money back and the only thing I lost is waiting time. 🙂

Message 8 of 8
latest reply