Seller is no longer registered on eBay after I made my payment !

ca.da44
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I won an item from this seller on April 08, and I made the payment on the same day via Paypal. The seller marked the item has been shipped on April 09 by UPS (No tracking number) but today I got a message from ebay saying that the listing of the item is no longer available and that the seller is no longer registered on Ebay. I don't know what to do about this matter as I am very new to buying on ebay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is possible that the item was mailed and that you will receive it but if you don't receive it within the handling time stated, you can file for an item not received in the resolution center.

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

If you phone ebay they 'might' be willing to refund you now since the seller is not a registered user but if they won't, you will get your money back as long as you file within the time guidelines.

To contact ebay click on help and contact at the top of the page. If you just type in item not received I think that you will just get sent in a loop within the help section so try typing in problem with your account and that might get you a phone number.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It is possible that the item was mailed and that you will receive it but if you don't receive it within the handling time stated, you can file for an item not received in the resolution center.

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

If you phone ebay they 'might' be willing to refund you now since the seller is not a registered user but if they won't, you will get your money back as long as you file within the time guidelines.

To contact ebay click on help and contact at the top of the page. If you just type in item not received I think that you will just get sent in a loop within the help section so try typing in problem with your account and that might get you a phone number.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'm sorry that you are not having a good experience here. If you do buy more items, it is a good idea to buy from someone who has quite a bit of selling feedback and who has a feedback percentage of more than 99.4%. That's just the number I go by.

Also if you are buying from Asia, keep in mind that if the item wasn't as described and you want a refund, you may have to send it back to Asia with delivery confirmation in order to get a refund. That means that postage would be around $50.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for your help pcjdn2005. I'm going to wait until the ETA date to see if the item arrive as promised and described by the seller else I'm going to contact Resolution Center and see how it goes. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi,

It  has been almost 3 months since your incident. What was the outcome?

I had a similar experience this June. I bidded on and won 3 items from the same seller and made payment within 4 days. The item was NOT marked as shipped and the seller was no longer registered on Ebay and s/he already received my payment. I received the same message you probably did as follows:

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

Then I  read through a few discussions and decided to go the resolution centre on Ebay first (not PayPal) and make "an item not received claim" even though the estimated delivery date had not passed. I figured I rather send a claim now and have someone tell me to wait than wait and miss the deadline altogether. I had a strong feeling the seller might be a fraud from reading the negative reviews and the fact the seller left Ebay before shipping (most likely...I am assuming).

When making the claim, Ebay requires that we contact the seller first (a - Request refund or b - request to ship item), wait a few days, and then have Ebay step in if issue is not resolved. I did the formality, but since there was NO SELLER TO CONTACT, I almost instantaneously received my refund on all three products. No inquiries, no contact by a human requesting more details...lol, just a generic email stating my refund is issued and on what item...no delays. Just a juicy refund which made my day. 🙂

It does state above that I am not required to complete the transaction but since I did and the seller is no longer registered, I got a full refund.

Anyone else with a similar scenario please do share so it benefits us all so we are not waiting for hours on the phone to talk to a customer service rep if the solution is simple and requires a little patience.

Like others have suggested in the posts, please do review the ratings and negative feedbacks and then make an informed decision about making a purchase especially from sellers from China. Before making a purchase another good idea is to contact the seller and ask a question to see how fast and appropriately a seller emails and assists you. Try not to purchase expensive items over Ebay unless the seller has excellent ratings or you know someone who has purchased from a particular seller and has a positive experience. Basically research and ask friends about their experiences before making the final call.

There are good sellers out there and then there are scammers. Sometimes a bad experience is what makes us become more vigilant and do further research before closing our eyes and trusting blindly. Now I am extra cautious especially on Ebay. I check how long the seller has been registered, what the negative reviews are saying, how many negative reviews over the year, their ratings, how many items they are selling, do the reviews look legit or made up, etc.

Watch out for spoof websites that look like the real websites but are fake and designed to steal your data (credit card info, etc). Read this for more information.

Recognizing Spoof (Fake) eBay Web Sites: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/recognizing-spoof.html 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I made the claim today (July 1) and got my refund within a few minutes. I got refunded via PayPal. Full payment in $ Canadian.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

hi i won a auction ebay than i made the payment with paypal after i got a message from the seller saying that he shipped but after 4 days the seller was no loger regisstered should i wait till the estimated delivery date
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Zombie thread from 2015.

Things have changed.

However.

No.

Just go to your Paypal account and copy the transaction number for the purchase.

Then go to the PP Resolution Centre at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

Ignore the suggestion to Contact the Seller.

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

State that the scammer seller is Not A Registered User.

PP will refund you.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply