Seller refuses to give me a refund

machzy
Community Member

Both seller & I are from Canada.

I bought a Wii game from him. The description of the game was verbatim "Condition is Good. Manual has damage". No biggie, I don't care about the manual.

I got the game and the disc was scratched to **bleep**. I contacted the seller and said I wanted my money back. He said if the game still works then it doesn't matter if it's scratched. I said the game was not as described. He said it doesn't matter. I pushed and started the return process. He agreed at first, then he changed his mind. Then I get an email from eBay:

The seller can't send a return shipping label

I open the return details and see the following (attached)

I read somewhere that I can ask eBay to help, but I don't see that option anywhere in the return process screen. The only buttons I have available are:

- Contact seller

- Mark as shipped

- Close the return

What can I do?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

As I write this it is still Oct. 22 (11:25 PDT).

EBay dotCOM is on Pacific Time.  EBaydotCA is on Eastern.

Check again tomorrow.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Checked again. Nothing.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

The payment would go to the original payment source.  Was the original amount paid with your PayPal balance?

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi @machzy - would you mind checking the card or account you used to make the purchase with? 

ECheques definitely take some time to process, but from what I can see it finalized today. If you're not seeing it on the funding source you used then I'd consider contacting Customer Support. 

I'm a big proponent of our social media team (not just because that's where I used to work, they're really great Smiley Wink). They're available on Twitter or Facebook and you can send them a private message with your registered email, first and last name on file and post code and they can work on getting to the bottom of it!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 24
latest reply