Sellers who lie about shipping times and ebay lets them get away with it

Iv'e just about had with ebay and their lax policies with sellers

example #1 listing says in black and white

Will usually ship within 3 business days of receiving cleared payment.

I paid them the same hour that I bought, you know when it actually got to the post office?

FIFTEEN DAYS LATER!!!

It was supposed to be shipped out of Vancouver, BC but when I finally received it had a Toronto address on it and just to make it worse the seller return wants it to be shipped to HONG KONG!!!!!!

Complete and utter bs from ebay, Amazon could have got this to me in 3 days not the SEVENTEEN DAYS IT TOOK ON EBAY!!

Ebay satisfaction policy? Ya right!!! Chat bot a complete waste of time and Ebay "conviently" doesn't have the agent caller or call back functioning!!! Complete BS! Amazon slays ebay in their sleep without even blinking and if there's a problem I can ACTUALY get action without it looking like 

Labours of Hercules

Example #2 

Same BS

Quote from sellers shipping details

Will usually ship within 3 business days of receiving cleared payment.

I paid on April 25th, and on May 01st he finally gets around to getting it to the post office!

If you are going to state "usually ship within 3 business days of receiving cleared payment."

in your shipping details and you can't abide by it you should at least have the common courtesy a heads up to let them know. Which he did not!

The kicker is I left negative feeback for him yet SOMEHOW he gets Ebay to delete the feedback???

How does that work when I left honest feedback but was denied???

So with many sellers lying about their shipping polices and others making you return items out of country 
WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM EBAY WHAT SO EVER. Why would I keep spending money at ebay?????
Just one giant turd ball IMO and I doubt if the ebay squad will leave this up so - SEE YA!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Case one:

Purchase date not given.

Estimated arrival date not given

Actual arrival date seventeen days later than... what?

Shipped from Toronto instead of Vancouver.

Ahah.

An overseas supplier warehousing in Vancouver and a dropshipping seller in Toronto who doesn't know how to run their business.

The only return you need to make is to the Vancouver address, and the seller should be paying return postage.

Was there an actual problem with the item, or are you just annoyed about the shipping?

It makes a difference for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Case two;

Purchase date April 25

Shipping date (received by post office?) May 1st.

Estimated arrival date?

Has it arrived?

Again without exact information....

Did you try to open a Claim for late delivery on either of those late shipments?

And the seller can ask to have the item returned, but the return shipping is usually paid by the seller , not the buyer.

Open a formal Claim.

Follow instructions.

You may be refunded or not, but without the Claim, the Money Back Guarantee cannot help you.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You seem to have a lot of problems both with buying and selling online.

You do know your feedback is visible, right?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I completely concur with OP. Customer service on Ebay is a joke, whether it's from sellers themselves or Ebay. I've been victimized as a buyer so many times on Ebay whereas I never have been on Amazon. Many Ebay sellers don't bother to help you when you contact them about a problem and when you try to contact Ebay customer service they just tell you to contact the seller again. It's like you have to grovel to get any justice when the seller messes up your order and even then it's not guaranteed to work.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I was with you until i read your feedbacks left. 

You buy stuff from china and hong-kong. Slow shipping is obvious to expect. 

If a seller success to remove your feedback, it's because you wrote things against policies. Seeing your feedbacks left i'm not suprised about it. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I suspect such buyers subsequently get their name on a lot more blocked buyer lists...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

In this case, at least 13 block lists.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

You buy stuff from china and hong-kong. Slow shipping is obvious to expect. 

None of OP's feedbacks complained about overall shipping time; they complain about how long it takes for the seller to send off the package.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@coral-223 A reasonable point.

But eBay seems to worry more that the buyer receives the purchase on or before the last estimated delivery date.

A seller can put an item into the mail days before it is first noted by the system. It shouldn't happen but it does.

I ship within 24 hours, but usually without tracking because international tracking is expensive.

If I forget to manually  mark those packages shipped, eBay doesn't know they are on their way.

The important date is that last estimated date for delivery.

Buyers should only watch tracking if they need to raise their blood pressure levels.

Google "spoke and hub " delivery systems.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply