Shipment from China late now no option to file

Hi all, thought after all of these years I had most things figured out but need help. Purchased items from Chinese seller which I have done several times over the years. China shipments have been taking a long time lately so no concerns initially. Time range for arrival was something like Dec. 15- Jan 5th 2017. Jan 5th contacted buyer and said still not here. Told them I would wait until the 15th as just about everything I received in last 6 months was about a week or so later than final delivery estimate. I did this with the understanding that I had 30 days beyond the last estimated delivery time to file Item not received.

Now when I go to file a claim the option is no longer there because my purchase is over 60 days old but in the past, you always had 30 days to file beyond the last estimated delivery date. Has anything changed. Seller said when I contacted them on jan 5th if not here by the 15th they would refund. Have bought a lot from them before so wasn't too concerned, plus thought I had that 30 day window. Now seller is closed until Feb 7th presumably for the New Year.

I thought it best to file a claim rather than wait to message them because for sure by then that 30 day window would have passed. When I go to purchase history the options no longer exist to file a claim or anything. Seller has always been great so will probably refund me when they return but I really would like clarification about this for future purchases.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@amya4295 wrote:

when I go to file a claim the option is no longer there because my purchase is over 60 days old but in the past, you always had 30 days to file beyond the last estimated delivery date. Has anything changed.

Good question!  What happens when you click on the RESOLUTION CENTER link at the bottom of this page (in about the middle)?  Is the purchase there and is it possible to open a claim that way?  

What exactly was the LAST estimated date of delivery?  You are right, you should have 30 days after that last e.d.d.  Otherwise the new scam will be to use a long handling time to extend the final arrival date to be about 60 days from purchase.  

The eBay policy page has not changed.  It still says the 30-day thing,

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#timeframes

Either way, go to your PayPal account and use the resolution center there under the TOOLS drop-down menu.  Get a refund.  If the items show up late (and they most likely will) then repay the seller with your apologies.  

These days it seems all Chinese imports are taking forever.  The importing of deadly drugs is the problem, as you can see here, 

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1180229&tp=1

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/carfentanil-exports-china-ap-investigation-1.3795415

http://globalnews.ca/news/3043678/chinese-trade-of-deadly-opioid-carfentanil-thrives-at-the-cost-of-...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yep.

When you miss the eBay deadline, Paypal allows you 180 days from your payment to file.

While it may not apply in this case, it seems that the scammers have not discovered the change to Paypal's Buyer Protection program yet.

And of course, if you for some reason pay directly with a credit card, the card also has a chargeback Buyer Protection program.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If time to file INR runs out on eBay you have 180 days (from time of payment) to file an INR on paypal.

-..-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

hafoster
Community Member

1. You may have to wait 7 days to escalate when you open a dispute at PayPal.
2. After that, the seller has 10 days to provide delivered tracking.
3. Then PayPal has 30 days to make a decision.

That's plenty of time for the seller to come up with a tracking number which shows Delivered, but you don't receive any package, the case is closed, and the funds are released back to the seller.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

hafoster
Community Member

Because the eBay timeline is quicker -- 3 business days to escalate, then 48 hours for a decision -- try first to manually start a refund request ... before going to PayPal.

Insert your Item ID number and Transaction ID number into this URL:

http://postorder.ebay.ca/ItemNotReceived/CreateRequest?item=[Item_ID]&transaction=[Transaction_ID]

Get your Transaction ID number from the "Subject: (your item has) SHIPPED" message that eBay sent to your private email.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@hafoster wrote:

1. You may have to wait 7 days to escalate when you open a dispute at PayPal.
2. After that, the seller has 10 days to provide delivered tracking.
3. Then PayPal has 30 days to make a decision.

That's plenty of time for the seller to come up with a tracking number which shows Delivered, but you don't receive any package, the case is closed, and the funds are released back to the seller.

The tracking has to show delivered to buyer's shipping address.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply