Shipping from China takes longer than 60 days, should stay in my ebay with full details till item a

Community Member

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Shipping from China takes longer than 60 days, should stay in my ebay with full details till item a

Nope.

If your items are taking that long to arrive, you have very likely been scammed by a crook selling vapourware.

EBay gives you a window for delivery.

Mark the last estimated date for arrival on your calendar.

If the item hasn't arrived by then, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

But don't get into a conversation.

Ask for the date of shipping, the service used and the tracking number.

If the tracking number doesn't show the item is already in Canada, or if there is none, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If by some random chance, your purchase shows up later, you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

It shouldn't.

I bought an item from on eBay, shipping from South Korea, and received it in less than two weeks.

I will confess that any Christmas novelty gifts I may order from Ali Express are typically in by September, so I receive them in time.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I had the same issue with some small items I ordered.

One thing to be wary of is that the eBay system often can and will adjust the estimated arrival date, and it often doesn't work in your favor.

My items were bought in mid May, and most likely had an estimated 60 Days delivery window or more. But the kicker is that if you are on day 60 and the estimated ship date has not arrived, I don't know if eBay will allow you to open a case. That's one of the issues with international shipments that are using cheap postal services.

My items were removed from my active purchase history before the estimated delivery date, which seems to support the idea that even if a postal service is given say, a 90 Day delivery window, eBay removes all available actions on day 60 as eBay is no longer a mediator in the transaction.

So check your sellers feedback, and ask them in messaging if they use ePacket. ePacket has a roughly 15-21 day Transit time minus customs inspection.

My packages that are currently inbound are ePacket and they start with LZ and end with CN. That's about the only way to keep Transit times decent and be able to leave feedback etc without it timing out.

If it's a small low value item don't expect the seller to use that service. In my experience the trigger point for an honest seller who wants feedback and customer satisfaction is about 50-75 USD and then they use ePacket. Below that they may just roll the dice with the economic China Post.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Your Purchase history has a display option called See orders from

that allows you to select "The last 60 days" (default value), or all of 2018, 2017 or 2016.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

if you are on day 60 and the estimated ship date has not arrived, I don't know if eBay will allow you to open a case.

It should-- even if the actual listing has been pulled.

But.

Paypal allows 180 days from PURCHASE ( not delivery) for Disputes and they keep a record of the transaction if not of the listing itself.

So you are covered.

But in future don't let delivery hang on and on and on. Time is money and sometimes it's cheaper to pay more and worry less.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

True, but you no longer have any options other than too transaction details or find similar. Or something like that.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I recently opened two INRs on two screen protectors bought from two separate Chinese sellers. They were both bought on April 19, and the ETA is June 19 and after.

Neither of the screen protectors arrived by mid-June so I wanted to file an INR, but eBay didn't let me file them until June 19. When I filed them then, both seller refunded within a couple days. What sucks is that by that point, since 60 days have passed, you can't even leave the seller any appropriate feedback! 

Last week, both of them finally arrived, except according to the shipping label, they were both shipped from Tuvalu and not China as advertised. I didn't even know where that was until I googled it lol. I wanted to leave both of them a neutral to mention that it wasn't shipped from China as advertised but couldn't. It's sad that the feedback window is shorter than the estimated delivery window...

I have also bought other random things like cheap phone cases, and the ones from Hong Kong and China all arrived at about week 7 so those sellers got positives from me.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Fun fact.

In the early days of the internet, Tuvalu hit it big, because they were given the URL of dotTV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuvalu

Message 9 of 9
latest reply