Suggestions for sellers who produce custom and ''o pee chee alike'' hockey cards

In the hope that other potential buyers will join in with similar suggestions and, in time, influence said sellers.

What I've REALLY wanted to get my hands on, for a lomg time, would be cards cards for the 1979-80 season, featuring players from the former WHA players for whom that season was their swawn song and for which there were no official cards released.   

Such as

- Bobby Hull (Hartford Whalers)

- Lars-Erik Sjoberg (Winnipeg Jets)

- Paul Henderson (Atlanta Flames)

- André Lacroix (Hartford Whalers)

- Carl Brewer (Toronto Maple Leafs)

- François Lacombe (Québec Nordiques)

- Al Hamilton (Edmonton Oilers)

- Ron Plumb (Hartford Whalers)

- Claude Larose (New York Rangers)

-  Rick Adduono (Atlanta Flames)

Conversly, WHA cards for players who got their start in that league...

With the Birmingham (baby) Bulls, to name but those...

- Michel Goulet

- Gaston Gingras

- Craig Hartsburg

- Louis Sleigher

- Rob Ramage

- Keith Crowder

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Suggestions for sellers who produce custom and ''o pee chee alike'' hockey cards

"alike" ?

Do you mean counterfeits?

Because those cards are copyrighted and trademarked.

And the players themselves likely own their own images, as well, particularly those who incorporated themselves.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

He means Counerfiets, he is "Fishing" for other like-minded individuals...

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/identifying-fake-cards-as-counterfeiters-scammers-gain-better-...

Like in many other areas of collecting the tech is getting better at the fakes...

https://www.dacardworld.com/blog/buying-cards/spotting-a-counterfeit-o-pee-chee-mario-lemieux-rookie...

Spotting a Counterfeit O-Pee-Chee Mario Lemieux Rookie Card

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

"alike" ?

Do you mean counterfeits?

Because those cards are copyrighted and trademarked.

And the players themselves likely own their own images, as well, particularly those who incorporated themselves.

@reallynicestamps 

@gangamanga2003 

@brettjet38 

Not positive but think the OP is looking for other companies besides o-pee-chee that were around in that time period. I remember having a set put out by Esso in the 1970ies. Those would have been stickers.

Topps, Fleer  and Donruss dominated the 1980s sales of baseball cards, while in 1989 saw the birth of the Upper Deck Company. Upper Deck dominated the hobby's attention with beautiful cards and innovative products. 

I believe there were a few others. Just what my quick research on the subject brought up.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Canada Post also produced "hockey cards" but those are also valid as postage, with a face value of $2.50 for most of them.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply