This seller is reluctant to resend or refund me after I haven't received the item for 4+ months

I have had it enough with the seller. Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

It all started with an item I bought way back in August 2016, and I waited and waited and waited and during December 2016 I contacted the seller claiming the item never arrived. This seller was so mean that after 5 replies she still said "keep waiting". I was FURIOUS!!! Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Well after 10+ messages the seller finally gave in and said that they would let me buy some items in their store and that equaled the price of my first item, and then refund me back the money (they couldn't refund my original item because the purchase was too long). Well... this is where my current problem begins.

MY CURRENT PROBLEM WITH THE SELLER AND PAYPAL: 

Yet again, one of the products that I bought from them in Jan 2017 from the negotiation we had, never arrived (4+ months). Recently the seller told me that they have refunded me, giving me this PayPal transaction ID. Either that transaction ID is fake or they refunded the wrong person, because I have NEVER EVER EVER received ANY refunds recently in my PayPal account!!!!! And really PayPal??? I can't find any function on PayPal's website that allows me to search for that transaction ID!!!

MY PROBLEM WITH EBAY: And eBay's customer service sucks!!! I couldn't find any phone numbers or emails on their Help & Contact page, and the site said that in order for me to contact eBay I had to select an item in the list that I had purchased. My item wasn't in that list. 

Sorry if I sound angry because I am. My problem is actually REALLY REALLY simple to fix, and that is for the seller to either refund me again or the resend me the item, but no they insist not to. They are really mean sellers. Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This seller is reluctant to resend or refund me after I haven't received the item for 4+ months

The eBay Help and Contact page does not have email or phone numbers on it -- you have to click on the Contact Us link in the bottom section of the H&C page. Then step through the questions to get a phone number.

You're too late to deal with eBay for this problem. 30 days after last estimated delivery date.

Paypal gives of 180 days of protection from time of purchase for Item-Not-Received -- open a paypal case for the January item that did not arrive (I'm assuming you used paypal for the purchase?).

You've probably been scammed -- for the first purchase they could have refunded the money by going through paypal for the transaction even when the eBay info gets too old (when the seller can not recover their eBay fees -- that's their problem, not yours).  That first purchase is now well past paypal's protection time period.

You can try asking paypal support if the "refund" transaction number is valid.

A second thought: Did you pay with credit card through paypal? -- refunds for credit card go to the credit card.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Exactly what ydpc_dennis said with one additional thought: never accept a replacement item for a missing item from a seller UNLESS it is a seller with whom you have a previous working relationship that is good, and the seller is domestic and you can have it without about 10 business days, and that item is guaranteed to be shipped with tracking. All three of those conditions need to be met before a buyer should accept a replacement offer. Not one, but all three. 

As you no doubt have learned, the 'replacement' offer is often a false one designed to make you forget about it and go away. It does not serve your best interests as a buyer. You want your money back and then you can repurchase. 

It's possible that if your item was shipped from Asia, it has been held at Customs in Canada for inspection. There is currently months-long delay while agents search for illegal drugs in Chinese lettermail. It's a huge problem that transcends the inconvenience of online shopping shipping delays. Google 'China mail fentanyl' and you'll see what I'm speaking about.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply