What should I make of this

When I check tracking on usps it says delivered. The expected delivery date is jan.31st but why would it say its being shipped to erlanger after clearing customs in Toronto...package is being delivered to bc Canada. Am I worrying for no reason. Just seems weird to me seeing as how toronto is like a 4 day trip by ground to where I live and there haven't been any updates since the 20th
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DON'T PANIC!

Your seller uses the Global Shipping Program.

They ship to Erlanger KY, and their responsibility for delivery ends there.

Your purchase is also checked by Customs (CBSA) there.

Then it goes to Canada, usually Mississauga' Gateway Terminal, and then out for last mile delivery.

Your shipment is progressing normally.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

DON'T PANIC!

Your seller uses the Global Shipping Program.

They ship to Erlanger KY, and their responsibility for delivery ends there.

Your purchase is also checked by Customs (CBSA) there.

Then it goes to Canada, usually Mississauga' Gateway Terminal, and then out for last mile delivery.

Your shipment is progressing normally.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

That last scan is odd.  The carrier that they use likely has your package now but just isn't updating the scans.  That seems to happen a lot with the GSP. Hopefully you will receive it soon.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

chrouz
Community Member

Haven't been waiting as long as you, but I have the same scans on my tracking with a package coming to Alberta. Went from Erlanger to "Toronto" and back...maybe. What I find hilarious is when you click on the map to show where it's been, it went all the way out to PEI.

If I check my tracking # with http://parcelsapp.com it shows the cleared customs scan was in Toronto, Canada, L4Y1S2 (Mississauga).

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

That is funny lol...but thank you it does make me feel better knowing im not the only one its happened to, cheers eh.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Ok cool, thanks for the info. Cheers. Glad to know things are ok
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Erlanger/Cincinnati is fairly well straight south of Niagara for border crossing by truck and Gateway Terminal in Mississauga is beside Pearson Airport in Toronto.

The side trips may be part of spoke and hub delivery, but more likely are fat finger typos.

Which is why we recommend that buyers never look at tracking.

Also.

Canada Post now offers FREE FlexDelivery, which, rather than dropping your parcel on the doorstep where weather and porch pirates can be a problem, leaves you a Notice and you can pick up at the PO at your leisure. https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/alternative-delivery/flexdelivery.p...?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Sorry to be a bit late to the party here, but as far as those scans suggesting the item went to Toronto and back to Erlanger are concerned, it's simply that most of the customs pre-clearance work for a GSP-forwarded item is done in Erlanger prior to it being trucked off to its first Canadian stop.  The info for the item is likely electronically transmitted to Toronto and considered to be processed there rather than in Erlanger.  The item is still in Erlanger ready for the OK to be trucked out with the hundreds of others in the container.

Anyway, does it really matter where the item is as long as it arrives in good condition within the delivery time estimate?  I once received an item that was listed as being located in the States, but when I received it, it looked as though it had been drop-shipped from China but it had a sticker on it that said that postage for the item had been paid in Sweden.  While I was a bit irked that the location of the item had been misrepresented, I still received it within a decent enough time frame and it was undamaged.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Some large scale online sellers will ship from wherever they find the lowest rates.

We used to get a lot of UK auction catalogues that had been printed in the UK but shipped from Malta.

Using labels instead of stamps which was a disappointment.

And many Chinese companies ship from Australia or Singapore for some reason.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply