byer beware of possible pool and floaters scam again

BYER BEWARE OF POSSIBLE SCAM WITH ABOVE GROUND POOLS AND FLOATERS.  I bid and won over 20 pools and floaters in Nov 2016 and received nothing.  Each seller was new with 4 items to sell.  When it came time to receive my purchase, the sellers WERE NO LONGER REGISTERED ON EBAY and not contactable.  Ebay gave me back my money, but BEWARE.  Going to advise

Ebay again of what's now happening again. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE.  You've been warned.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm sorry to hear you had a run of bad luck with buying on ebay.

I think you have nailed 'how to spot a non-existent item' with this: "Each seller was new with 4 items to sell.  When it came time to receive my purchase, the sellers WERE NO LONGER REGISTERED ON EBAY". When ebay discovers listings like this, they yank them asap. That's the reason for the Not a Registered User (NARU) occurring. I would also guess the items were priced to sell fast. These are all the reddest of red flags. 

As an ebay member (buyer and seller) with more then a decade of experience, I wrote a Buyer's Guide that you and others to come may find useful. Checking feedback is paramount. Most new sellers to ebay have done at least some buying before they hung their shingle. Myself, I had a feedback count of 177 before I dared to sell and I still facd a pretty steep learning curve. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I must be a bad person. The thread title instanty made me wonder 'who pooed in the pool?'

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Cool, at least it caught your eye. This scam is NOW happening again.
Go look for an above ground pool and ask for free shipping and boy will you see a but load of cheap pools and floaters. Later
Message 5 of 5
latest reply