disrespectful behavoir

Anonymous
Not applicable

so there is a seller and because i dont have feedback/reviews the seller cannot sell anything to me which is very disrespectful. by the way i only have a Ebay account to purchase items. i dont need feedback or any reviews since at the moment im not using ebay to sell anything. what should i do?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

disrespectful behavoir

Sellers cannot refuse to sell to low feed back buyers.

The site could not grow if they could.

Sellers can cancel any bid and even Block specific buyers without explanation.

If someone has done this to you, be glad. He doesn't want you to give him your money. And the transaction would not get better.

If you are looking for a specific item, start by using your Watch List to compare those you are interested in, and the sellers.

Look for high feedback, short delivery times, clear pictures, and good descriptions.

Also check that the seller does ship to Canada.

While sellers on dotCA must ship here, many on dotCOM are terrified to ship outside the lower 48 states.

Then.

Ignore Auctions.

Go for Fixed Price listings.

You can choose to see only FB listings at the top left of your Search list.

Choose those with Immediate Payment Required.

When you find the perfect thing, buy it. Pay immediately.

You cannot be Blocked when an item is sold with Immediate Payment Required.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

disrespectful behavoir

"Choose those with Immediate Payment Required.

When you find the perfect thing, buy it. Pay immediately.

You cannot be Blocked when an item is sold with Immediate Payment Required."

-—-—

I'm not certain, but I don't think Immediate payment required message is still displayed on the listing. But even a if a listing  does not have  immediate payment required, a buyer can still pay right away, before the seller realizes the item has been sold.  And of course a seller can still cancel although in most cases it's silly to cancel simply because the buyer has no feedback. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

disrespectful behavoir

When I first started on ebay I was looking through it and found a very hard Postcard to find .

I was not even signed up for ebay so quickly registered, accepted, but got a message saying it could take up to 12 hours to have my account become active

There was only 15 minutes left before the item ended.  Sort of resigned myself to the fact I was not going to get a chance to even bid.  Staying on site looking other items I received  notice my account was active so bid and was the high bidder. There was about minute left before it ended.

About 20 minutes later received a email from him. He said if I wished I could pay by cheque. So next day sent it out and  a week later had it delivered to me. He also wrote again welcoming me to ebay and wished me well on my further transactions here

A great way to start here made me feel good.  Guess he could have been woirred about  the payment for it was around $75.00 when looking at when I had  started here  but he did not

I personally have never had a problem and never worried  about  dealing with 0 Feedback members,  have had to assist them in how to pay  a few times but all have turned out well. The few times I have had issues with others (and not really major ones) its been with so called experienced folk with higher feedback

While I know there are issues at times with false accounts etc the majority of folk here are honest want to do transactions with others and for me many of these low feedback members have been good repeat customers

With those that do not it's there issue they are the ones that lose out.  There are so many people who will deal with one and unless it's a very scarce item the odds are good another one will show up again

weavers

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

disrespectful behavoir

Really nice stamp gave you great advice,  it would also be a good idea to purchase a few low price items from reputable sellers (99.5% possitive FB +) so you could have a few feedbacks  under your name,  it might just be enough to put nervous sellers at ease.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

disrespectful behavoir

ontlady
Community Member

It puzzles me why Buyers with zero feedback can still buy even after I made changes in my site preferences to block buyers with zero feedback.  I even phoned Ebay and said nothing they can do about it. 

I took a chance shipping items to a few zero feedback members.  I didn't have any problems and gave them a positive feedback. But they never posted one on mine.  I stopped posting feedbacks now. 

One buyer with a brand new eBay account opened on same day he/she messaged me saying he wants to buy my item then return it if it doesn't work in his device.  Well, thank goodness we can block buyers.     

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

disrespectful behavoir

It isn't possible to block zero feedback buyers from making a purchase. You can block low feedback buyers from buying more than one item within the last 10 days buyer but you can't block them from making that first purchase. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

disrespectful behavoir

I'm sorry this happened to you. Don't let it sour your experience here.

There is indeed a number of bad sellers who make things difficult for eBay users but they're outnumbered by wonderful top notch people who are more than happy to see to your needs.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply