eBay claim for item SNAD not showing up in resolution center

I received an item last week that upon opening was significantly not a described (did not match photo in listing at all).  I opened a claim on Ebay, and seller basically refused to help.  Per my request, I am able to escalate the claim as of April 10 (today).  However, when I go to the resolution center, it is showing zero cases.  I can still access my claim directly through the URL provided when I first opened the claim, and if I try to open a new claim, it says there is an existing claim already.  I have discovered that eBay has since removed the listing (not showing up in my buying history even though less than 30 days), will this explain why it's not showing up in my resolution center?  If so, how can I escalate my claim???  Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@grharris-3 wrote:

I received an item last week that upon opening was significantly not a described (did not match photo in listing at all).  I opened a claim on Ebay, and seller basically refused to help.  Per my request, I am able to escalate the claim as of April 10 (today).  However, when I go to the resolution center, it is showing zero cases.  I can still access my claim directly through the URL provided when I first opened the claim, and if I try to open a new claim, it says there is an existing claim already.  I have discovered that eBay has since removed the listing (not showing up in my buying history even though less than 30 days), will this explain why it's not showing up in my resolution center?  If so, how can I escalate my claim???  Thanks for the help!

Hi @grharris-3 - I just want to chime in and say that Customer Service can help you open a case on eBay if you contact them by phone, or through social media (like Facebook or Twitter) even if you can't see the item any longer.

In some instances it's easier to open a dispute with PayPal, but I just wanted to make sure you knew you had options through eBay too!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have discovered that eBay has since removed the listing

The seller was offering multiples?

Yes, in that case, eBay has removed the listing, and possibly the seller (Not a Registered User /NARU beside his name) for nefarious activities.

One of the dumber parts of eBay's protective policies, is that once a listing is removed, the previous buyers can't open/continue Disputes.

Sigh.

Go to your Paypal account.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your account page under Tools.

Open another Not As Described Case.

Skip the suggestion about contacting the seller.

State in the Dispute that the seller has been removed (NARU) this usually speeds things up.

Bad news, PP insists that the unhappy buyer return the unwanted item to the seller with tracking.

When the tracking shows delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

That's an overview. Any other questions?

@happy_pigeon

This problem of NARU sellers and delisted sales has been going on for years.

Can anything be done about it?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks happy pigeon, that was very helpful.  Unfortunate I have to go through Paypal though as eBay's SNAD policy states the seller is responsible for shipping costs.  I guess I will have to go through Paypal

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Just to be clear-- happy_pigeon is an eBay employee. I'm just another busybody member.

When we use the @ name, eBay notifies the member that they have been mentioned in a post.

I nag the poor pigeon much more than they want, I'm sure.

Sorry, pidge.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@grharris-3 wrote:

Hi @grharris-3 - I just want to chime in and say that Customer Service can help you open a case on eBay if you contact them by phone, or through social media (like Facebook or Twitter) even if you can't see the item any longer.

In some instances it's easier to open a dispute with PayPal, but I just wanted to make sure you knew you had options through eBay too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply