package tracking stuck on "arrived at global shipping center"

ok so i ordered a broken phone from a seller in dallas and its been 2 days since its arrived at the GSP center but now its tracking has been stuck on "arrived at the global shipping center delivered po box" this is unusual since the first time i ordered with a seller that used the gsp, it arrived, processed and got customs documentation done in the same day. but now it hasnt even proceseed at all. im getting concerned since ive heard a lot of bad **bleep** of the gsp. so can anyone help?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

marnotom!
Community Member

At this point, I'd put this down to a holiday-related delay and just focus on the estimated delivery dates.  After years of being a tracking geek, I've come to the conclusion that buyers have been oversold on the usefulness of tracking and it's more important to focus on getting the item undamaged within the delivery timeline.  The time to start paying attention to tracking is just before the first estimated delivery date.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

so my estimated delivery is january the 13th which seems like a long time for a package from the us. my first time with the gsp arrived in like a little more than a week. my guess is it may come next week but it could come the week after. im hoping it comes before the 22nd of january

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Not really.

You didn't mention the payment date. I've been selling by mail order since the 80s and usually allow 20 days for delivery anywhere in North America.

Better to be told Jan13 and have something arrive Jan 2 than be told Jan 2 and have the item arrive Jan 5.

But remember the GSP plant will likely be closed (or short staffed ) on Sunday and Monday.  They seem to be closed every Sunday btw.

And part of the GSP job is customs brokerage, which is done in Kentucky in cooperation with CBSA, so there may be some slowdown due to Canadian customs offices being closed or again short staffed.

im hoping it comes before the 22nd of january

If your purchase has not arrived by January 13th as estimated, you can open a Not Recieved claim with eBay. State in the claim that this shipment was handled by the GSP.

GSP has been pretty good about refunding for lost, or more often delayed, shipments. And when it does arrive, they do NOT want it back.

Your seller, who did nothing wrong, is not impacted by the claim or refund, although it would be polite to let them know if you do open a Claim.

If the shipment has left the plant, it would be next shown when it crosses the border, usually heading to Mississauga and the Gateway Postal Terminal. Have you heard about the Southern Ontario storms ? Or for that matter, Buffalo?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

the payment date for me was the 23rd

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

One important thing to remember about tracking is that it shows where an item has been, not where it is.  It's not real-time.   Something that gets brought up about the Global Shipping Program from time to time is that sometimes there will be no tracking information for an item for ages, and then shortly before the item is due for delivery, an event scan will show up for it.  So your phone may have moved on, but for whatever reason the scan data isn't showing up for it.

Having said that, how "broken" is your phone?  While I've purchased working phones that were forwarded through the GSP, I haven't purchased one "for parts or not working."  If it's obviously physically damaged, I'm wondering if the damage was noted in an x-ray and somebody thought that it had been damaged in transit to Kentucky.  That somebody then made the decision not to forward the item to Canada.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@threemints wrote:

the payment date for me was the 23rd

@threemints 

In Canada not much was moving on the 24th/25th and maybe even 26th. Same goes for 31/1)). Probably similar in the USA. I would blame it on the holidays and volume. Have to remember the goods could be going from anywhere in the USA to the Global plant. Different time frames from A to B. Throw in the increased volume and everything never moves flawlessly. The production line can even be thrown into a tizzy if a number of people are sick. Best bet is just be patience and stay tuned. 

-Lotz

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

weird because today and yesterday it changed from arrived to processed and then to documentation which is what its on now

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Are the event scan dates recent or do they go back a few days?
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

So the guys in Erlanger were working on Friday and today. And the bar codes were scanned.

The nine days between Christmas Eve and New Years Day are weird. Especially when Christmas Day is also a Sunday.

It feels to me like the whole week is made up of Fridays.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

sorry for the extremely late reply. i can agree. my package cleared customs and left the states. now i live in alberta and im genuinely curious how long it takes to get from toronto to where i live. i hope it doesnt come before monday cause i start school again and i want my iphone :(((((((

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

its for parts. its not really. cracked or anything jt just has audio failure and a bad battery. as of right now its on its way to where i live in canada

Message 12 of 12
latest reply