stuck on tracking number provided

ktopt_72
Community Member

So I ordered an item on January 18 and it said that the item would come at latest by February 10. But ever since January 31, the item has been stuck in the tracking number provided stage. What does it mean and should I be concerned because honestly I am. As I am writing this it is currently February 14 and the shipping has not changed.

Am i getting scammed and should I request a refund. I paid $250.00. Also if anyone is wondering what the item is it is a Lego Ninjago season 14 set which is supposed to release officially in March but some stores sold it early on accident and the seller said that he got his hands on some of the sets

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

marnotom!
Community Member
At this point, I’d chalk all this up to COVID-related issues, particularly the delay.

Give your item another couple of weeks before checking the tracking again. All you’re doing right now is creating unnecessary anxiety for yourself.

Receiving your item in the condition advertised in the listing is much more important than watching for tracking event updates. Remember that you’re protected by eBay and PayPal buyer protection programs if your item doesn’t reach you.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You have 30 days to open a dispute with eBay from the latest estimated delivery date. With the long delays currently experienced by the postal system due to COVID, I would wait a little longer. I would mark my calendar around March 10, and if at that time, still no signs of the parcel (or no movement in the tracking), I would open a claim with eBay.

If, on March 10, there is some kind of tracking updates, but the package is still in transit, I would wait a bit longer as you are also protected for 180 days from date of payment if you paid by PayPal.

Past 2 months and a half though, I would open a claim with PayPal. If the package does show up later, you can still contact the seller and ask how you can pay him back.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It's possible that the tracking is not updating on ebay but if the USPS agent can see that the package is moving, it has been scanned by them and it should be showing on the USPS website.  If you haven't entered tracking there, then check there before you do anything. 

You purchased it on the 19th but the seller didn't print the label until January 31st?  Where is the seller located?  Which service does the listing say they are going to use to send it?  It all sounds a bit sketchy although I could be wrong.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The seller is located in Quebec and I`m located in Ontario, so same country and they are using standard shipping.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yeah. Maybe I just overthinking. I had ordered another item from a different seller and they are using the same shipping method from another country and already the item is in transit so I`m not too sure. But I will take your advice and wait a couple of weeks. Thank you for the help>

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@ktopt_72 wrote:

Yeah. Maybe I just overthinking. I had ordered another item from a different seller and they are using the same shipping method from another country and already the item is in transit so I`m not too sure. But I will take your advice and wait a couple of weeks.

Actually, I'm going to backtrack a little on my advice.  Actually, make that backtrack a lot.

I did a bit of detective work and I see four Lego Ninjago Season 14 sets that sold on January 19 and I checked on two of them and they're both from the same seller in Laval.  If this is the same seller, they've received nothing but negative feedback for their Lego sales so I'm not giving them the benefit of doubt anymore.  I'm now advising you to file for a not-received item as soon as possible as filing for a "not as described" item could be a bit trickier.  You can always pay them back if the item arrives after the refund and it's as described.

For what it's worth, terms like "Economy Shipping" and "Standard Shipping" are generic terms eBay allows sellers to use for shipping methods that aren't available as dropdown menu options when the seller creates the listing.  In the case of your seller, I'm wondering if they're dropshipping from China and the tracking information is from a Chinese-based carrier.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yeah the seller from Laval is the one. What I think will end up happening is that since the sets come out on March 1st for a much cheaper price, he`s probably gonna try to wait until then to ship it. Probably got the tracking number and is holding on to it maybe. But thank you so much for the advice. It was very helpful

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

which is supposed to release officially in March but some stores sold it early on accident and the seller said that he got his hands on some of the sets

EEP!! Eep! eepppp!

RED Flags.jpg

Go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

Ignore the part about contacting the seller.

This has all the hallmarks of a scam.

Ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, DELIVERY) you will be refunded.

Do NOT accept a promise of a replacement.

There are no games and nothing has been sent.

Getting $250 for the price of a shipping label which he can get back if it is unused is a pretty neat scam eh?

I am old and cynical.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@ktopt_72 

I would  also suggest that you open an item not received claim now.  That seller has received 4 feedback as a seller and all them were negatives from buyers saying that the sets they received were not authentic.  Even if you receive something eventually, it’s unlikely to be what you expected so getting your money back now is the best thing to do in my opinion.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

This does smell like a pre-sale situation where they are getting pre-release prices and will backfill with cheaper ones when released.  Lego is pretty strict and organized and a quantity of sets being sold early sounds a bit off.   The waiting for so many days to print a label also is a massive red flag that not all may not be well.

With the number of flags here definitely one to get the cash back.  At this point, you may as well wait until March 1 for the official release. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

marnu-1722
Community Member

Hi

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yes. As an update I did manage to get a refund. Seller never had sets to begin with and sent a fake tracking number as ruled out by Ebay. Honestly I`m gonna use my Lego VIP points to get a $50 dicount and get the actual sets for a MUCH lower price. lol

Message 13 of 13
latest reply