Earth may be entering a new Ice Age

valve37
Community Member

Sure feels like it. Bad news for global warming gurus, the Goreians and Suzukians.

Why Earth may be entering a new Ice Age

All data points to the sun as the primary source of short-term and long term
climate change on Earth. While volcanic eruptions such as the current one in
Iceland can affect short-term weather conditions over a region, planetary
climate is governed by solar activity-or lack of it.

The first inkling
that something had changed with the sun was the recognition of an abnormal
sunspot cycle. Then, astronomers noted that all the planets were heating up-even
little Pluto on the outskirts of our solar system.

While climatologists
on Earth massaged the data to make it seem like man-made global warming was
real, major climate changes were occurring on Mars.

During the peak of
the global warming debate, the prestigious National Geographic Magazine
published a ground-breaking article by Habibullo Abdussamatov in 2007, "Mars
Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist
Says."

Habibullo Abdussamatov, an astrophysicist and head of space
research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, stated
that solar activity caused the climate change on Earth and that observations of
Mars revealed the shrinking of the carbon dioxide ice caps at the Martian South
Polar region.

In that article, Abdussamatov explained: "The long-term
increase in solar irradiance is heating both Earth and Mars." The scientist,
accurate in past predictions, has recently pronounced his belief that Earth will
enter a "little Ice Age: as early as 2014 and lasting as long as two centuries.
The last one occurred between 1650 and 1850 and accounted for many crop
failures, outbreaks of famines and mass migrations.

Abdussamatov
contends, "Long-term variations in the amount of solar energy reaching the Earth
are the main and principal reasons driving and defining the whole mechanism of
climatic changes from the global warmings to the Little Ice Ages to the big
glacial periods."

If his theory is true—and the International Space
Station will be testing parts of it over the next six years—then use of
hydrocarbon technology should not be diminished, but increased. Only through
technological applications in growing economies would humanity be able to "to
maintain economic growth in order to adapt to the upcoming new Little Ice Age in
the middle of the 21st century," he asserts.

Whereas global warming would
be a good thing (despite the gloomy forecasts) a mini-Ice Age could be
disastrous: growing seasons would be shortened, more energy must be extended to
stay warm, and food shortages may lead to breakouts of regional
warfare.

"Observations of the sun show that as for the increase in
temperature, carbon dioxide is not guilty." The Russian scientist is concerned
about this move towards an extending cooling period. He states, "and as for what
lies ahead in the coming decades, it is not catastrophic warming, but a global,
and very prolonged temperature drop."

If Abdussamatov's calculation is
true—and the observable and historical data seem to support it—then the
countries of the world are moving exactly in the wrong direction to deal with an
impending Ice Age. Al Gore notwithstanding, global cooling is much more
dangerous than global warming.

"The observed global warming of the
climate of the Earth is not caused by the anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse
gasses, but by extraordinarily high solar intensity that extended over virtually
the entire past century," Abdussamatov wrote. "Future decrease in global
temperature will occur even if anthropogenic ejection of carbon dioxide into the
atmosphere rises to record levels.

"Over the past decade," Abdussamatov
warns, "global temperature on the Earth has not increased; global warming has
ceased, and already there are signs of the future deep temperature drop."

http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=13459

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Earth may be entering a new Ice Age

valve37
Community Member

No doubt about it!

Wave Phenomena

An Ice Wave from the floor of Lake Huron near Mackinac Island.

Mother Nature doing her thing!

Amazing pictures up around Mackinac Island!!!
Michigan  has had the coldest winter in decades.
Water expands to freeze, and at Mackinac City the water in Lake Huron below the surface ice was super-cooled. It expanded to breakthrough the surface ice and froze into this incredible wave.
This wave phenomena occurs in Antarctica, but in Michigan?

Yes, it's been quite a winter!

!cid_X_MA1_1391788137@aol.jpg

!cid_X_MA4_1391788137@aol.jpg

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 2 of 53
latest reply

WOW that is some amazing pictures WOW WOW WOW AWESOME

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

The photos are real but the story is BS. The pictures are from Antarctica. More Internet legend and BS sent out to the gullible. Pictures are real but they are not from Lake Michigan.

Here is an Urban Legends site with the real story

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_frozen_wave.htm

The picture above is from picture #2 in this link.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_frozen_wave2.htm

Here is an explanation of the photos and the pictures.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_frozen_wave8.htm

LIKE A whispered phrase passed from person to person in the children's game "Telephone," forwarded texts tend to accrue inaccuracies over time, and in the present case a set of authentic photographs of Antarctic icebergs has come to be identified as depicting a "frozen wave" observed in Lake Huron or Lake Michigan, in North America.

The photographer, astrophysicist Tony Travouillon, confirmed via email that the pictures were actually taken near the Antarctic coastal base of Dumont D'Urville in 2002.

They patently do not show "a wave frozen in mid-air." One can discern wave-like features, to be sure, but those "waves" are the weathered facades of massive, solid blocks of ice which could not have frozen instantaneously, contrary to what is claimed.

The phenomenon captured in the images, Travouillon explains, is called a blue iceberg. The ice is bluish because it is denser and contains fewer air bubbles than the more reflective white ice visible nearby. The tinting can be the result of an accumulation of marine (saltwater) ice on the bottom of a floe which has tipped over, revealing its translucent, polished underside, Travouillon explains. Or, according to other sources, it can be the result of an iceberg partially melting and refreezing. Still other sources cite as a possible cause the extreme compression undergone by ice originating from deep inside a glacial mass.

In any case, the "blue bergs" of Antarctica are gorgeous natural phenomena in their own right and deserve to be appreciated for what they really are.

Message 4 of 53
latest reply

Old speculations from a Russian crackpot sungazer.

He's been pushing his point of view for years, probably to keep getting funding for his job of watching the sun.

-.-

During the peak of the global warming debate, the prestigious National Geographic Magazine
published a ground-breaking article by Habibullo Abdussamatov in 2007, "Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says."

And if you actually read that article it tears his claim apart...

"The conventional theory is that climate changes on Mars can be explained primarily by small alterations in the planet's orbit and tilt, not by changes in the sun."

-.-

If you do believe him that sunspots are the cause of global warming and cooling (and man-made carbon emissions have no influence), then you have to take the additional step of believing he can accurately forecast long-range sun spot activity for the ice age to start in 2055 or 2012 or 2014 or 2042 or whatever year he pulls out of his mouth.

-.-

Message 5 of 53
latest reply

"getting a little giddy with so much floating in the air..."

'It seems very pretty,' she said when she had finished it, 'but it's RATHER hard to understand!' (You see she didn't like to confess, ever to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) 'Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas—only I don't exactly know what they are! However, SOMEBODY killed SOMETHING: that's clear, at any rate—'

'But oh!' thought Alice, suddenly jumping up, 'if I don't make haste I shall have to go back through the Looking-glass, before I've seen what the rest of the house is like! Let's have a look at the garden first!' She was out of the room in a moment, and ran down stairs—or, at least, it wasn't exactly running, but a new invention of hers for getting down stairs quickly and easily, as Alice said to herself. She just kept the tips of her fingers on the hand-rail, and floated gently down without even touching the stairs with her feet; then she floated on through the hall, and would have gone straight out at the door in the same way, if she hadn't caught hold of the door-post. She was getting a little giddy with so much floating in the air, and was rather glad to find herself walking again in the natural way.

Message 6 of 53
latest reply

More on the coming little ice age.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/01/20/346654/new-mini-ice-age-may-hit-earth/

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

Looking good for the polar bears, not so good for the climate warming freaks!

http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com/canada/CanadaAlerts/canada-daily-iceflow-ani.php 

Message 8 of 53
latest reply

So we will not spend that much on air conditioning hydro this summer. Works for me.

Message 9 of 53
latest reply

You really don't understand climate "warming" or more precisely climate "change" based on warming.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 53
latest reply

This about sums it up.

"the global warming scam is falling apart (thank God)... now these crooks are changing the rhetoric saying that global warming also involves cooling (???) how dumb do they think we are to believe their BS."

Message 11 of 53
latest reply

You still don't understand. Please do the research on global climate change due to carbon emissions........and try not to rush to the first website that says it's a lie......instead expand your information.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 53
latest reply

Please use only websites supported by those who make  millions of dollars from the Global Warming Business, like Al Gore and Suszuki

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

Why anything to the contrary NU would debunk global warming therories and lesson their take.

Message 14 of 53
latest reply

I believe in a combined theory.  That earth is heading for a period of global warming and man has accelerated the speed with which this will happen.  One can see the cold winters we have this year - but one forgets the heat waves and drought that we have been experiencing in the summers.  The southern U.S. has been experiencing drought conditions as well.  I read that Brazil has been experiencing 40+ temperatures this winter (their summer).  Australia has had so much drought that it is literally burning up.  So, we are experiencing both extremes.  In the long run, the AVERAGE annual temperature is creeping upwards.  One cannot argue the diminishing of the polar ice caps as foretelling an ice age - it just isn't plausible.  . 

Message 15 of 53
latest reply

Perhaps you should move to Australia and go door-to-door and tell them about this "ice age" we're entering. No doubt they'd love to hear it, especially since they've had the hottest Summer ever on record.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/southern-crossroads/2014/feb/21/extreme-heat-in-australia-mor...

This just goes in the same boat as people still believing that Cesar Milan is a genius and knows everything about dogs.  

Photobucket

Message 16 of 53
latest reply

Well I suppose the Aussies would like to have it cooler the opposite of North Americans who would like to have it somwhat warmer.

Ah yes The Guardian, no doubt a favourite of Gorians and Suzukians.

Message 17 of 53
latest reply

I'll believe in miracles as soon as you finally do the research and truly understand global warming and climate change.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 53
latest reply

What else can it be? Another cold weather alert issued here for the next five days. Plus it's predicted to remain well below normal through March and then what?

Message 19 of 53
latest reply

Here's how it works and I'll try to give you the Reader's Digest condensed version. We have global warming of the atmosphere which has created a shift in the world's weather. "Global warming" (actually a scientific phrase but a poor phrase for a lot of people to understand) does not mean we are all sitting around in Bermuda shorts on top of Boler mountain in February. Many people will say that they remember when winter in the past was the same as the one we are having now. Actually they are both right and wrong. We have had cccccold winters with a lot of snow but that was the normal progression of weather. What scientists and weather people see now is a change that is abnormal as well as a change in hot weather in other areas and increased storm patterns etc etc. It's not a tunnel visioned simplified approach that the word "warming" means exactly that. I hope that helps.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 53
latest reply