Earth may be entering a new Ice Age

valve37
Community Member

Sure feels like it. Bad news for global warming gurus, the Goreians and Suzukians.

Why Earth may be entering a new Ice Age

All data points to the sun as the primary source of short-term and long term
climate change on Earth. While volcanic eruptions such as the current one in
Iceland can affect short-term weather conditions over a region, planetary
climate is governed by solar activity-or lack of it.

The first inkling
that something had changed with the sun was the recognition of an abnormal
sunspot cycle. Then, astronomers noted that all the planets were heating up-even
little Pluto on the outskirts of our solar system.

While climatologists
on Earth massaged the data to make it seem like man-made global warming was
real, major climate changes were occurring on Mars.

During the peak of
the global warming debate, the prestigious National Geographic Magazine
published a ground-breaking article by Habibullo Abdussamatov in 2007, "Mars
Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist
Says."

Habibullo Abdussamatov, an astrophysicist and head of space
research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, stated
that solar activity caused the climate change on Earth and that observations of
Mars revealed the shrinking of the carbon dioxide ice caps at the Martian South
Polar region.

In that article, Abdussamatov explained: "The long-term
increase in solar irradiance is heating both Earth and Mars." The scientist,
accurate in past predictions, has recently pronounced his belief that Earth will
enter a "little Ice Age: as early as 2014 and lasting as long as two centuries.
The last one occurred between 1650 and 1850 and accounted for many crop
failures, outbreaks of famines and mass migrations.

Abdussamatov
contends, "Long-term variations in the amount of solar energy reaching the Earth
are the main and principal reasons driving and defining the whole mechanism of
climatic changes from the global warmings to the Little Ice Ages to the big
glacial periods."

If his theory is true—and the International Space
Station will be testing parts of it over the next six years—then use of
hydrocarbon technology should not be diminished, but increased. Only through
technological applications in growing economies would humanity be able to "to
maintain economic growth in order to adapt to the upcoming new Little Ice Age in
the middle of the 21st century," he asserts.

Whereas global warming would
be a good thing (despite the gloomy forecasts) a mini-Ice Age could be
disastrous: growing seasons would be shortened, more energy must be extended to
stay warm, and food shortages may lead to breakouts of regional
warfare.

"Observations of the sun show that as for the increase in
temperature, carbon dioxide is not guilty." The Russian scientist is concerned
about this move towards an extending cooling period. He states, "and as for what
lies ahead in the coming decades, it is not catastrophic warming, but a global,
and very prolonged temperature drop."

If Abdussamatov's calculation is
true—and the observable and historical data seem to support it—then the
countries of the world are moving exactly in the wrong direction to deal with an
impending Ice Age. Al Gore notwithstanding, global cooling is much more
dangerous than global warming.

"The observed global warming of the
climate of the Earth is not caused by the anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse
gasses, but by extraordinarily high solar intensity that extended over virtually
the entire past century," Abdussamatov wrote. "Future decrease in global
temperature will occur even if anthropogenic ejection of carbon dioxide into the
atmosphere rises to record levels.

"Over the past decade," Abdussamatov
warns, "global temperature on the Earth has not increased; global warming has
ceased, and already there are signs of the future deep temperature drop."

http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=13459

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Earth may be entering a new Ice Age

More proof it's here!

In all 50 states, it's below freezing in at least one spot

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/18/us/cold-temps/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 41 of 53
latest reply

Southern Ontario is caught in the grip of  Global warming. 

It is so warm that  schools and roads are closed.

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

Meanwhile NU the Goreians and the Suzukians are in denial. Any of those here NU?

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

And in other news:

Polar bear numbers down 40 per cent in Alaska as the ice melts, according to a new study.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/sci-tech/polar-bear-numbers-down-40-per-cent-in-alaska-we...

Unless each day can be looked back upon by an individual
as one in which he has had some fun, some joy, some
real satisfaction, that day is a loss.
Message 44 of 53
latest reply

Back to teddy bears I guess Les.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeiA2XTca9g

Message 45 of 53
latest reply

National Post ·

Their status ranges from a "vulnerable" to "endangered" and could be declared "threatened" if the U.S. decides the polar bear is collateral damage of climate change.

Nobody talks about "overpopulated" when discussing the bears' outlook.

Yet despite the Canadian government 's $150-million commitment last week to fund 44 International Polar Year research projects, a key question is not up for detailed scientific assessment: If the polar bear is the 650-kilogram canary in the climate change coal mine, why are its numbers INCREASING?

The latest government survey of polar bears roaming the vast Arctic expanses of northern Quebec, Labrador and southern Baffin Island show the population of polar bears has jumped to 2,100 animals from around 800 in the mid-1980s.

As recently as three years ago, a less official count placed the number at 1,400.

The Inuit have always insisted the bears' demise was greatly exaggerated by scientists doing projections based on fly-over counts, but their input was usually dismissed as the ramblings of self-interested hunters.

As Nunavut government biologist Mitch Taylor observed in a front-page story in the Nunatsiaq News last month, "the Inuit were right. There aren't just a few more bears. There are a hell of a lot more bears."

Their widely portrayed lurch toward extinction on a steadily melting ice cap is not supported by bear counts in other Arctic regions either.

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

"Yet despite the Canadian government 's $150-million commitment last week to fund ..."

I am confused.

Are you suggesting Harper and his Conservative government are wrong?

If not, what is your position?

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

You really need to read up on this Mitch Taylor. First of all he's attached to Harper's government. Enough said on that! Secondly he is part of the the Heartland Institute which argued that smoking has nothing to do with cancer and also fought against public health reforms. They are a CONSERVATIVE think tank more interested in $$$$ than reality or people. Now all that being said, Taylor has also signed what is called the Manhattan Declaration against climate change and yet, he is not a climatologist.

The Inuit have said they have seen more polar bears than normal in the villages, harassing the community dogs etc etc. So the question is why? Are there more polar bears (although other scientists say there are less), or are the existing polar bears finding less and less area to live in because of the loss of habitat due to ice melting and they have had to go to more areas where people live? 

Photobucket
Message 48 of 53
latest reply

Here's a very clear and simple video on the progress of global emissions...

http://www.wri.org/blog/2014/11/past-present-and-future-carbon-emissions

On the principle that the planet can only tolerate a certain level of accumulated emissions over time.

Also lists top twenty emitters going back to 1860

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

New ice Age?

About a reality check?

Earth on pace for hottest year ever recorded

WASHINGTON—Last month again set a new mark for global heat. And U.S. meteorologists say Earth is now on pace to tie the hottest year ever recorded, or more likely, to break it.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced Monday that last month the globe averaged 60.3 degrees Fahrenheit (15.7 C). That was the hottest September in 135 years of record keeping.

It was the fourth monthly record set this year, along with May, June and August.

NASA, which measures temperatures slightly differently, had already determined that September was record-warm.

The first nine months of 2014 have a global average temperature of 58.72 degrees (14.78 degrees Celsius), tying with 1998 for the warmest first nine months on record, according to NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center.

“It’s pretty likely” that 2014 will break the record for hottest year, said NOAA climate scientist Jessica Blunden.

The reason involves El Nino, a warming of the tropical Pacific Ocean that affects weather worldwide. In 1998, the year started off super-hot because of an El Nino. But then that El Nino disappeared and temperatures moderated slightly toward the end of the year.

This year has no El Nino yet, but forecasts for the rest of the year show a strong chance that one will show up, and that weather will be warmer than normal, Blunden said.

If 2014 breaks the record for hottest year, that also should sound familiar: 1995, 1997, 1998, 2005 and 2010 all broke NOAA records for the hottest years since records started being kept in 1880.

“This is one of many indicators that climate change has not stopped and that it continues to be one of the most important issues facing humanity,” said University of Illinois climate scientist Donald Wuebbles.

Some non-scientists who are skeptical of man-made climate change have been claiming that the world has not warmed in 18 years, but “no one’s told the globe that,” Blunden said. She said NOAA records show no pause in warming.

The record-breaking heat goes back to the end of last year — November 2013 broke a record. So the 12 months from October 2013 to September 2014 are the hottest 12-month period on record, Blunden said. Earth hasn’t set a monthly record for cold since December 1916, but all monthly heat record have been set after 1997.

September also marks the fifth month in a row that Earth’s oceans broke monthly heat records, but these are all-time records for how much hotter than normal they were, Blunden said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/10/20/one_more_time_earth_breaks_4th_monthly_heat_mark_on_pac...

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

I'm hoping for another 2010 when I was able to fly my model airplanes at the club field in the middle of January with green grass and warm sun. The only sign that it wasn't mid summer was bare limbs no leaves.

DSC07289.JPG

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

Whoops 2.2 meg doesn't fly!

DSC07389.jpg

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

Ah, yes! 2010, the year they had to hold a "Summer Biathlon" at the B.C. Winter Games!

Message 53 of 53
latest reply