Intelcom

tjeerdo
Community Member

Hi there. I am starting this post to hopefully convey to Ebay (and Amazon) that Intelcom is a disaster as a delivery service. It is at the point where I am reluctant to buy from these websites fearing the loss of goods and endless frustration that comes with dealing with the issues.

Please comment, and maybe there will be some improvement!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Intelcom

@tjeerdo wrote:

Hi there. I am starting this post to hopefully convey to Ebay (and Amazon) that Intelcom is a disaster as a delivery service. It is at the point where I am reluctant to buy from these websites fearing the loss of goods and endless frustration that comes with dealing with the issues.

Please comment, and maybe there will be some improvement!

devon@ebay 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Intelcom

What’s your issue with them?

I’ve never had any problems in probably hundreds of intelcom deliveries
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Intelcom

I've read a number of complaints about them with gsp deliveries.  But I've had many items delivered from Amazon by them without any problems.  

It sounds like eventually eBay will be changing from gsp to another system.  Hopefully they will be using a more reliable method in Canada. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Intelcom

marnotom!
Community Member

I have to echo @ericsells75 's point somewhat.  What problems have you had with Intelcom?  Or have you just been reading older threads on them and getting nervous?

Intelcom doesn't handle all GSP shipments once they've been trucked into Canada, and not all Intelcom shipments are problematic.  You just read about the ones that go wrong, just as you just as the media reports on airliners that crash, not all the ones that reach their destinations safely.

Yes, Intelcom doesn't have a good reputation when it's associated with Global Shipping Program sales, but I don't know if we're in a slower buying period or if some of the bugs have been worked out, but it's been quite some time since we've seen a fresh complaint about Intelcom messing up the delivery of an item purchased on eBay.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Intelcom

There have been many reports about this company (and AppleExpress before them).

Like others, the Intelcom delivery guy in my neighbourhood seems pretty reliable and prompt. But the company is not doing well in recruiting and training personnel. The greatest complaint seems to be that they don't keep adequate and updated information on tracked parcels.

Fortunately, none of the companies I buy from which also use Intelcom bother telling the customer where the purchase is and when it will be delivered, so I don't think I have to worry about it.

But GSP is making promises that Intelcom is not keeping.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Intelcom

It depends on the area that is served. I know for my area Intelcom was a big issue with me.

I had multiple packages that arrived where the products were smashed. In one delivery 4 of 5 Blu-rays were broken into pieces inside. 

It became such a problem that I decreased my purchases at Amazon just so I didn't have that problem.

I made numerous complaints to Amazon and I guess they heard me and others.

Now I have Raven Force, who are much better but are still sub-par as courier companies go.

Example of their work, package arrived that had tire marks and reeked of gasoline. 

When compared to Intelcom, I see less broken objects.

Is this called "take the win"?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Intelcom

mcrlmn
Community Member

Never had a problem with Intelcom. Canpar and Landmark yes.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Intelcom

@mcrlmn wrote:

Never had a problem with Intelcom. Canpar and Landmark yes.

Because Intelcom also handles the River(Am.), the drivers are under the gun to deliver under a very tight schedule. Washroom breaks will not be tolerated. Their scanners do not seem to either show special delivery instructions or the alternative they do not have the time to read labels for anything of note. Then tend to drop and dash. (Photos when required). Originally with no signature required deliveries the idea was parcels were NEVER supposed to be left in plain sight. (Basic common sense). With covid that went out the window. (This info is clearly expressed in all couriers TOS even Intelcom last time I checked). Because the driver is in such a hurry they drop on top step from bottom step and gives them no time to ring a door bell or knock. This has lead to the delightful and ever not so popular concept of porch pirates. Everyone is not home when the driver arrives or they do not check email for updates, it's made this a major problem. Until they(couriers) recognize and address this problem will only get worse.

-Lotz

For reference see the episode of CBC's Marketplace discussing the topic of Am. drivers.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Intelcom

Haven't had a problem with Itelcom eitherand have had dozens of packages delivered by them.  But I know a lot of people on the boards have problems so I wonder if it is just in specific regions. Perhaps the Intelcom office in certain areas isn't as stringent as others? 

I am guessing that part of the problem is that they do seem to have the 'not my problem' attitude and they don't do any follow up if there is a problem.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply